Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
501 bulb to light the whole boot is a laugh so found an old l.e.d light, stuck it up under the rear shelf & plugged into bulb holder connection, looks brilliant when remote pop the lid, might fit one under the boot floor lid next, when lifted to get to spare or tools in the dark can't see anything

Sent from my SM-N910F

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Yup, all the interior lights are pants, even the LED ones they give in the footwells. Thats why most highly recommend the interior light pack from T8ups on here.

Although I don't think my boot is quite that bright now....!

Reactions: sbones

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got some led holders for the footwells thinking just plug em in, read now need to run wires to that plug n pin 17 under dash & vag com to mmi might do that next job ?

Sent from my SM-N910F

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
The idea of a separate LED under the boot floor lid sounds like a very sensible plan, too. Hmm. Might have a look at how to go about that...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was going to run wires up behind the boot carpet & trim so can't see any & join with other at bulb holder plug, nothing worse than changing wheel in the dark & looking for tools / locking wheel nut loln

Sent from my SM-N910F

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Would it be worth all that effort for something that (hopefully) gets used once in a blue moon? I thought maybe something battery-powered and some double-sided tape.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to chuck all shopping bags / coats etc on back seats of old car (golf) now because of the remote boot opener EVERYTHING goes in the boot, is it just me because it's new? I pop the boot before we've even reached the car lol wife tuts says have you a body in there Pmsl ?

Sent from my SM-N910F

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Well, I was going to ask about the bulky plastic bag, but... Never mind. None of my business... [Honest, officer, I didn't know 'e were cartin' around deaders!]

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Add the luggage hooks in the boot as well and it becomes even better to stick your shopping in it!

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Yh seen that big elastic nets in Audi brochure

Sent from my SM-N910F
There is the net, but I was referring to these:

Reactions: sbones

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I added the A4 hooks to mine, but I opted to purchase the Audi square plastic insert nut instead of the metal clips they come with from eBay or Amazon.
The trunk net is a great addition as well. If you install it the correct way, it will look backwards, the loops on the edges will go on to the hooks and give you a pocket to put small items to keep them from wandering around the trunk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts