Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
& just ordered an android auto / carplay box for 2g high from Elite Carplay, have a few hacked apps that will show on mmi screen too to enable video & netflix etc

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Android auto / carplay media interface all done, 2G mmi not very plug n play, need to wire into fuse box 12v,12acc, ground, 2 orange wires to candus +- wire to the pin 16 of mmi power plug for NAV button to switch between factory mmi & carplay on screen,
Fitted the mic up in the spare hole in roof light for ok Google /siri. Audio out to ami-3.5mm aux, also ran a usb extension lead to the armrest, but can use for a usb drive as found it had wifi & both carplay & auto work wireless.
Unlike a factory AA CP will play video & stream with mirror cast from phone, have a few hacked apps to try too.
Add a new level to a tired 2007 2G A5.
Brought fron EliteCarplay

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
Good work on the carplay/android auto install. Just done the same but on the 3G+ system which is plug amd play thankfully.

FIS-Control MMI & Wireless Carplay/Android Auto...

Any further info on the hacked apps to run on android auto to enable video playback?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good work on the carplay/android auto install. Just done the same but on the 3G+ system which is plug amd play thankfully.

FIS-Control MMI & Wireless Carplay/Android Auto...

Any further info on the hacked apps to run on android auto to enable video playback?

What kit did you get? I'm looking to do mine.

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
Reactions: Exspartan36

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Got mine from Elite Carplay, cracked apps, Google AAAD, but mine plays videos from the usb better anyway, don't need it for phone now as has wireless android auto, & I've just fitted a perfect wireless charger pad in armrest too, that android auto even show phone as charging

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
Got mine from Elite Carplay, cracked apps, Google AAAD, but mine plays videos from the usb better anyway, don't need it for phone now as has wireless android auto, & I've just fitted a perfect wireless charger pad in armrest too, that android auto even show phone as charging View attachment 180744
View attachment 180745
Thanks for the info on AAAD

Heres my wireless charging pad in the front ashtray position.

Ash Tray Delete with Wireless Charging - Now for LARGE phones!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Only the 2G doesn't have the newer lvds cable from mmi to screen, has like an old school scart, 2G comes with this little box that's lvds in fron carplay media interface to 2g in/out cable to screen.
Just incase anyone buys a plug n play ebay /aliexpress /wish one 2G needs wires jouning & splicing into canbus & nav button while 3G & headunits have in/out plug n play sockets

·
Registered
Audi S5 sportback
306 Posts
Dan that looks smart, I always do a something cool than a better solution comes up
I like your solution, I was thinking of going that route.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
More goodies, boot handle reversing cam, handy reverse lights are in boot lid, instructions say may not need the trigger wire media box end if box has canbus, that'll be handle for when get a front grill cam

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
161 - 180 of 196 Posts