Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this link on the ABT website. It shows an A5, with a new ABT body kit, some suspension work, and new wheels. In my opinion, this kit is a strkingly beautiful improvement to the base A5, and it represents the way that the S5 should be delivered from the factory.

The cooling ducts in the fenders are placed behind the wheel, probably due to the limited space in front of the wheels. Also notice the improvements to the rear fascia. It's a very attractive car.

Awesome looking ABT A5

·
Registered
736 Posts
That looks pretty slick. I agree with both comments already posted. It is nice to see parts already being made for the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Without knowing more details about the kit, it's hard to say if they are real of fake, but ABT is a high-end tuner, and I would be very surprised if they placed fake ducts on this car.

Also, we should consider that with the faster engine, better aerodynamics, better wheels/tires, and bigger brakes, it's just about perfect for the track. I don't know if any of you have tracked your cars, but my A6 4.2 is a big heavy car, and even though I am running Motul MBF 600 brake fluid, it's very common to heat up the brake fluid, rotors, calipers and pads. The vents appear to be a way to vent the heated air away from the wheel well.

I would like to see this kit, with brake ducting added to the inlets in the front. With that combination of cooling air coming in, and the vents to let out the heated air, you'll never have to deal with overheating. This is much more cost effective way to solve the problem than to install $8000 worth of ceramic brakes. Ouch, that is out of my budget!

I think it's time for me to write another letter to ABT. I'll "keep you posted" (sorry, cound'nt resist the pun).

·
Registered
171 Posts
Personally, I prefer the Hofele version:

The R8 treatment for the A5 works for me...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts