Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi People,

I know this website is going to be slightly biased but I was wondering if anyone out there is having the same dilemma as me with regards to which one of these beautiful cars should I finally buy??? They're both around the same price, although I can get a higher spec BM over the Audi, they're both gorgeous to look at and they also both drive well! Is there anyone on here who could point me in the 'right' direction with which is the best car please?

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi People,

I know this website is going to be slightly biased but I was wondering if anyone out there is having the same dilemma as me with regards to which one of these beautiful cars should I finally buy??? They're both around the same price, although I can get a higher spec BM over the Audi, they're both gorgeous to look at and they also both drive well! Is there anyone on here who could point me in the 'right' direction with which is the best car please?

Thanks in advance! :D

No dilemma here... :D A5 3.0TDI Q Sport every time! IMO the BMW's are a) too common b) I don't like the design of them c) not as well built.

In addition Quattro is awesome - especially now 60:40 bias to the rear!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
No dilemma here... :D A5 3.0TDI Q Sport every time! IMO the BMW's are a) too common b) I don't like the design of them c) not well as built.

In addition Quattro is awesome - especially now 60:40 bias to the rear!
Yep, spot on. The new BMW is FAR too common. I'm VERY glad I went for the Audi.

Plus, the Quattro makes it so much better.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what you mean about the 'common' thing but I've heard the Beemer has the better engine??
Are you just referring to the 4wd aspect being better on the road than the BM's rwd?

Anyone know whether the Audi would be worth more than the BMW over 3-4 years, I'm assuming it would be as the model's not been out as long?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
the a5 will always hold the value a bit more now days the bmw is just not what it was a few years back and truth be told its getting worse! the build quality is crap compared to the audi. i had a bmw and got rid of it as i was fed up of all the plastic its more like a ford inside these days and dont get me started on the outside my god :eek:

Really A5 over the 330 any day....

·
Registered
157 Posts
the residual values sound quite good but its too early to tell for the A5, i think. The BMW does have more power, but in my view is rougher sounding and while i am biased, i dont think it has nearly the same "presence" on the road. Having had several experiences of people rushing for their phone cameras or just staring at my A5 when it is clean, especially at night, i would be very suprised to get that reaction from a 3 series BMW.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
I know what you mean about the 'common' thing but I've heard the Beemer has the better engine??
Are you just referring to the 4wd aspect being better on the road than the BM's rwd?

Anyone know whether the Audi would be worth more than the BMW over 3-4 years, I'm assuming it would be as the model's not been out as long?

I can't say that I have a firm grip on this, but it just doesn't seem to follow logic to me, to say that BMWs will hold their value better. There will be fewer A5s available for resale (just look around - it won't change that dramatically). This is probably a very simplistic way of looking at it though (i.e. only supply side and not demand side).

·
Registered
151 Posts
The 3.0 Tdi engine is fantastic in the A5. It might not have two turbos (yet) but it is really strong... If you spend most of you're driving life on the motorway it is definately the car to go for IMO.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
A5 with ABT power plus upgrade. Everytime i drive past a BMW coupe I can't help but think bet he wished he'd got an A5/S5 after seeing mine. :)

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
A5 with ABT power plus upgrade. Everytime i drive past a BMW coupe I can't help but think bet he wished he'd got an A5/S5 after seeing mine. :)
+1

You're stuck in traffic on the motorway at a standstill, and you pull up beside that BMW coupe owner. You see him looking over, with his shades on and his bluetooth earpiece. You just know he's thinking "damn, Why didn't I go for that?". He's green with Envy as his lane moves forward and he sees those Audi Daytime Running LEDs glistening in his wing mirror. His HALO daytime lights not a patch on the Audi's trademark LED bar. He sees others turn heads at the Audi moves forward, realising that he's made a big mistake.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i agree with Rab nothing better than a hot guy in a bmw checking the car out and you can smile and think to yourself he so wants your car.....

·
Registered
714 Posts
Got to confess, it's really not that often I find myself thinking "hot guy in bmw"...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
im confused....:confused:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Like all of us here who have the cars, we are used to people turning heads to follow the car or pointing at us or even nearly having an accident because they are too busy gorping.

However, the ones that seem to stare the most are the BMW owners. Yet you dont see people staring at BMWs as they are common.

BMWs are fine cars once specced up. But they just dont do it for me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts