Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I plan to book for the Audi A5 sometime in February once bookings open. I currently drive a full option 2003 E46 BMW 318Ci. I am quite happy with the ride quality and the features on the vehicle. I am considering the Audi A5 over the new BMW purely cos i feel that the A5 "looks" better.

But I am a bit doubtful of the drive. My BMW had the M series kit and suspension. Any suggestions or feedback from anyone who jumped from one German manufacturer to the other?

I unfortunately dont get the luxury of trying out the A5 before I buy it because it hasn't been officialy launched in the Middle East yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Was considering to get the 3.2 or the 2.4 if it ever reaches here! Wouldnt want to go for the 1.8 and the Diesels never reach the Middle East as diesel prices are twice that of petrol at the gas stations! I would prefer to go with the S-line though!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, to the E46. Probably in comparison to the 2003-2004 models.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this thread went cold without a response!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have been driving my e36 m3 for the past 9 years, and now have had my s5 for 2 months. i haven't driven an e46 or a5, but it seems that the e36 has stiffer suspension, but less comfort. Even though the s5 has 100 more hp than the e36, the s5 feels more tame than the e36... that is probably differentiated through all-wheel drive vs. rear wheel drive... the s5 is definately a lot faster though! The audi interior as far as comfort is top notch compared to any bmw,mercedes from the past to the present. The interior instrument panels and multimedia controls between bmw, audi are of personal preference. I like the controls and system of the s5 better than the new 335i, but the 335i has few buttons and seems to keep it less cluttered. If you search the forum, other forums, and on the web, you'll find the Audi's top notch mix in comfort/driving, but BMW's are more exciting to drive.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i feel the same about the bmw interiors. i think over the years its lost its class with respect to interiors. i think the e46 interiors were the best that bmw came out with, the newer ones have been less 'german'. i personally like the mercedes and the audi's. the a5 would be front wheel drive I presume. does that make a lot of difference in response?

·
Registered
186 Posts
i feel the same about the bmw interiors. i think over the years its lost its class with respect to interiors. i think the e46 interiors were the best that bmw came out with, the newer ones have been less 'german'. i personally like the mercedes and the audi's. the a5 would be front wheel drive I presume. does that make a lot of difference in response?
It's quattro (4wd) and 60/40 ratio to the rear.

I'm quite a picky car owner and I have yet nothing to complain about the A5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.