Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 A5 2.0T Quattro 7 speed S-tronic Prestige
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched on here and can't really find any info on this. I'm thinking about picking one up. I was going to get a racechip but i didn't really like the idea of, fooling the ecu to raise boost pressure. Then I started looking at REVO and APR because I like that they work on the tables that run the car... BUUUT... Warranty. That's when I came across the JB4. From what I've read in the FAQ it seems like a great compromise between the "normal" piggyback and a full flash. I linked it here. Group 6: EA888 Gen 3 252hp 4cyl Audi & Porsche

Please give me your thoughts. I would love to hear from anyone who has first hand experience with this tuner, even if it was on something else.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I have not used it myself but it does get good reviews. However all piggybacks including that one work on "fooling" the ECU to increase boost. The only other way is either an ECU reflash or a full ECU piggyback (which is more "overriding" the ECU than fooling it). I had a quick look and if the claims are true then I would agree that it is a more advanced piggyback version and if you are happy with "fooling" your dealer in the event of a warranty claim then this would be a great solution.

Might be worth having a look on Audizine - probably more reviews there.

Reactions: BigFatDad
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.