Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I desperately want to wirelessly stream music from my phone (Spotify), but can't use any of the AMI wire options as my cars system is MMI 2G. It seems like the only option for me is to get one of those Bluetooth FM transmitters that plug in to the lighter socket, which I am happy to do, but I wanted to make sure that it would fit in my car before I buy anything.

I can see that there are hundreds of options available online & I don't mind getting something cheap, but the dashboard lighter socket is in a pretty cluttered position & some of the transmitters are pretty big. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with one of these & are happy with them? If yes then I would appreciate a recommendation because I don't want to spend £££ & receive something that doesn't fit.

Thanks,
Ducky

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think if your AMI has a iPod connector, there's a product called tune 2 air or something like that which plugs right into the apple connector and to your radio.

I tried several bluetooth FM transmitters and they all sucked. Even the ones with good reviews on Amazon got progressively worse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thyer
Hi Everyone,

I desperately want to wirelessly stream music from my phone (Spotify), but can't use any of the AMI wire options as my cars system is MMI 2G. It seems like the only option for me is to get one of those Bluetooth FM transmitters that plug in to the lighter socket, which I am happy to do, but I wanted to make sure that it would fit in my car before I buy anything.

I can see that there are hundreds of options available online & I don't mind getting something cheap, but the dashboard lighter socket is in a pretty cluttered position & some of the transmitters are pretty big. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with one of these & are happy with them? If yes then I would appreciate a recommendation because I don't want to spend £££ & receive something that doesn't fit.

Thanks,
Ducky
There's a thread on adding an apple carplay unit … they are $250 though but do seem to be quite good for music streaming

1 - 4 of 4 Posts