Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed for the past few days that whenever I get into my car, the bluetooth feature doesn't auto-discover.

If I force it to discovery on the cell phone side, then it sync's up. And remains that way for the rest of the day.

Then the next day, it doesn't find my phone so I repeat the process.

I'm not sure if it's my Samsung u740 or what.

Anyone run into this problem? Is it perhaps the PIN? Does it need to be something specific? I went with the default 1234 but that didn't seem to do much for long-term.

TIA,

Herman

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it certainly cannot hurt to try keeping it fully charged today so I'll observe it's behaviour today.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello,

Since day one my phone has worked in proper unison with the blootooth. I have a blackberry curve.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, a full 7 hours later, I have a fully charged phone.... sync'd after an overnight hiatius. I'm still not 100% convinced though so I'll do this for tomorrow ... then if all goes well, I'll let the battery run down each day to find out if it stops.
I want to see if this makes any sense at all.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a u740 with no problems (except when a computer update left the bluetooth module in a bad state). Is it possible you don't have bluetooth set to stay turned on all the time?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did check that; it's always on. Prior to the A5, I was using a simple Motorola BT and everytime I powered it on, it always acquired. The only thing that might explain things is during the "pairing" between the two, the orignal PIN was 1234. The operators manual with the A5, said to change it afterwards, so I did. Wondering if that's what's doing that.

I'm going to run it with the default 1234. If it's good for say 5 days straight, I'll re-Pair the devices using my own PIN and see what happens. I just need to be sure I have a steady state I can fall back to .

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update: it's been working fine since I set it to 1234. Even with just 1 bar left on my cell phone, bluetooth sync'd right up.

so for my next trick, I will remove the bluetooth both sides, select a personal PIN, then pair them up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm noticing this as well. Every so often it will "unpair" or at least the phone (IPhone) I have will say its paired but the car won't think it is. I usually have to repair the two.

·
Registered
750 Posts
May be a dumb question...but is there a second paired car/phone within about 100 feet of your car when it is parked? Also, this only really applies if you are still using the default pin...any who, it is possible (not likely...but possible...my ex-wife had is happen at her office...she is till using the 1234 Pin that came with her bimmer) for someone to use the same pin as the default pin (usually 1234) and accidentally pair with your car, then notice DOH! something is wrong...and powercycle their phone which disconnects and can make your car re-pair up unnecessarily when you start up. I always reset the pin to something personal...

Also, some phones must be set to "automatically accept the pairing request from the bluetooth device (e.g. your car), blackberry phones and a couple of motorolas I tried do it.
(two cents...) Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if this is related but one of the guys in my office has the A5 with a Verizon LG phone. Bluetooth connect is sporadic - the LG displays that the car is requesting to be synched. If you do not hit the OK on the phone, the phone ignores the car - pretty bizarre. The link sometimes does not stay up very long and sometimes it seems ok.

Anyway...I had him go to one of the Verizon stores in the Marina to see what was up. After the Verizon guys stopped drooling over his black A5, they pulled out a list to cross reference which phones were compatible with the A5. Turns out his LG was not compatible per their list. I have a Treo 650 and I know that certain bluetooth devices do not work well with my treo.

He is going to get a new phone from their "OK" Audi list.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update:
So far the phone pairing seems to have held up. I have noticed a thing or two:

At two bars on my cell battery, it still finds the Audi bluetooth; at one bar, it get's odd and it seemed one way; my caller could hear me, but I could not hear them. So battery stength does play a role at least for my phone.

Another thing I realized prior to my first post, was there is a configuration regarding a "delay" that was originally checked; I wasn't sure what it meant and I unchecked it; that's when I things go ugly. I'm still not sure and I don't want to go back to the manual to figure it out, but since I re-checked the "delay", it sync'd up every day for a week now. I just changed the PIN to new pin after removing the Audi bluetooth device and readding it with the new PIN. So far 4 days straight and no issues (other than the low battery issue.)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Is there an option in your phone to set the Audi as a "trusted" (or whatever it is called on your phone) pair. I have seen resyncing needed when the pair wasn't set to trusted. (Pair the phone and the car, then look the Bluetooth pair up on your phone and see if there is a trusted or similar option to set for the pair there.)

Sorry if this was already covered, I just quickly scanned the thread and thought I'd mention this just in case. Maybe you already did this in the first place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts