Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

bluetooth options

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TonyBenino 
#1 ·
ordered my S5 on saturday (cant wait!). when looking at the options the dealer suggested i go for the cheaper GSM bluetooth option as opposed to the more expensive one. anyone have either and whats the pros ansd cons?

#2 ·
I looked into all 3 options when ordering and went for the middle one. Option 1 is a hardwired cradle for a limited number of handsets and not worth bothering about. Option 2 is Bluetooth which I have. Once paired, the car automatically bonds with the phone whenever you turn the car on. Reception is excellent and I am using a V3i which does not have sim access profile. When Motorola catch up with Audi, the car will read the phones SIM data and thereafter will pretend to be the phone with external aerial etc. Option 3 is the same, with a handset, if you wish to pick up to avoid passenger's hearing your conversation. All 3 options are current on the A6 so ask your dealer to show you with YOUR phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.