Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to change the bluetooth name of the car, so when i look at my iphone it doesnt say some bs like audi 23842309.

i have a vag com cbale.. any info thanks

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
My old Sony Ericsson Z600 has the option to rename the device on the phone. Obviously, this won't affect the car itself - on my phone prep low system, I can't even see a list of paired phones, never mind rename them. If such a list does exist, I don't know where it is.

Although having said that, once the phone has been paired with the car, I have no need to view it again - I just let it get on with whatever it wants to do.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no its actually the name of the car is the problem, like on your iphone when u get a car, you have 3 options for sound. Speakerphone, iphone, or audi huv 2342432423
or whatver

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
no its actually the name of the car is the problem, like on your iphone when u get a car, you have 3 options for sound. Speakerphone, iphone, or audi huv 2342432423
or whatver
I think I know what you mean - when you look at the phone under Bluetooth settings/my devices (or whatever your phone menu system has), it shows as audi huv 2342432423.

Anyway, as I said previously, I have the option to rename the device displayed name on my Z600.

I guess from your reply that you are using the iPhone - I'm not at all familiar with the iPhone so I can't really offer any further suggestions.

[Time passes]

OK, I've just found the iPhone manual on-line and had a quick peek. It appears that the iphone does not have the option to rename paired devices within the phone. Bizarrely, it appears that the iphone can only be paired to one device at a time (and no, I don't mean connected). If you want to pair it with a second device - a laptop for instance - you have to unpair the first device before doing so. Wierd.

As for the Bluetooth unit in the car, I don't believe there is anyway of changing the name - so it looks like you are stuck with what you have unless anyone else knows better (which is highly likely around here :))

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I know what you mean - when you look at the phone under Bluetooth settings/my devices (or whatever your phone menu system has), it shows as audi huv 2342432423.

Anyway, as I said previously, I have the option to rename the device displayed name on my Z600.

I guess from your reply that you are using the iPhone - I'm not at all familiar with the iPhone so I can't really offer any further suggestions.

[Time passes]

OK, I've just found the iPhone manual on-line and had a quick peek. It appears that the iphone does not have the option to rename paired devices within the phone. Bizarrely, it appears that the iphone can only be paired to one device at a time (and no, I don't mean connected). If you want to pair it with a second device - a laptop for instance - you have to unpair the first device before doing so. Wierd.

As for the Bluetooth unit in the car, I don't believe there is anyway of changing the name - so it looks like you are stuck with what you have unless anyone else knows better (which is highly likely around here :))
thank you, i knew i couldn't rename it from the phone, the only reason i ask is cause my father has a mb s class and i was able to change his on the car itself... anyway.. anyone with vag com knowledge i guess or the secret setup menu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.