Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anticipation mounting for arrival of A5, early September and wondering if anyone has any experience of connecting BlackBerry Pearl to Bluetooth? Work phone and keen to get this working - any advice appreciated.

· Registered
118 Posts
Hi Macca77,

On my prevoius Q7 I had my BlackBerry Pearl 8210 (O2) connected no problems it takes a few minutes to transfer the address book over but you won't have any problems.

It would be good to know if you have the Bluetooth High, Low / GSM prep i have tested it on a Dealers car before ordering the Bluetooth Low on my A5. I didn't bother with the High as the only reason to get the High option is if you plan to use a Nokia SAP profile phone - N71 etc, otherwise all funtionality is the same between high and low/gsm versions with any other phones.

I had a list of compatable phones somewhere if you need it, but the only thing you cant get is the car cradle as the Blackberry uses USB to interface, not a docking port on the bottom like most other phones

Hope that helps.

R

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bungle. it's the low prep for the phone. thanks for confirming that for me. i know someone with a TT and they have had issues with their blackberry, which raised the thoughts with me.

· Registered
225 Posts
Anyone with a Nokia which doesn't sync address book, download the Nokia 810 Contact Download application to your symbian phone.

http://maps.nokia.com/A4143881

Worked a treat for me on both an N95 and E51.

R
Correct, you will need this with most symbian phones..

Full list and advice Here

· Registered
36 Posts
55JWB, ,I read that thread on the link you highlighted. I note a suggestion to reduce the number of contacts in the phones memory to reduce the time spend uploading phonebook to the car.

Does your phone still spend time synchronising with the car upon startup or have you found another way around this beside deleting contacts?

Its a balls when you drive off and the phone does its own thing for the first few minutes!

R

· Registered
225 Posts
The whole thread! :eek::D

At the moment I am living with it, I have too many contacts in outlook that I sync too each day to delete anything. I have noticed that it takes around 5-9 mins first thing in the morning, if I nip out at lunch or later in the morning it often takes no time or does not drop at all, it must be holding the info and losing it over time somehow?? certainly if I get to the office at 6.00 a.m. and then dont use the car until 6.00 p.m. it can take a while to settle which is a real pain:mad:

I know "Petrol Dave" from RS246 and he is pretty sure its not worth pressing with Nokia or Audi:(

There had always been an issue with too much info in phones, in my M3 if you had more than 100 text messages in your phone the BT connection would constantly drop and reconnect, took me ages to work that one out... :confused:

the forum in the link is a great place for info on phones and nav stuff, some very, VERY clever guys there...

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.