Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the car in for it's 5k mile service yesterday. No real word on how it is going. I'm not fond of the loaner car btw (Toyota Camry), would really like my car back today. I'm having them check on a few problem areas:

The Vibration issue between 62 and 70mph.

Subwoofer is rattling like there is a piece of plastic hitting the cone.

Windows remain down after oppening the doors 25% of the time.

Rattle under the car. Loose heat sheild?

I have only been told they are waiting on the computer download/Upgrade that takes a few hours. No word on my issues. I'm only the second person to have their A5/S5 in for service there. My confidence is a little low, I hope the mechanics know more than the Service Rep.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
5k service?

Dont Americans know how to fill up the windscreen washer bottle? ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When it's the only free thing they give you, you take it.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
What's with the Jap Loan car. I wouldn't want that thanks! Why not an Audi???

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's with the Jap Loan car. I wouldn't want that thanks! Why not an Audi???
You would figure with a BMW, Jag, Audi and Porsche dealership I would get a good loaner... Hell no!

Update:

No more vibration, they say. Just a tire rotation and it's fixed.

Subwoofer is blown, they are ordering a new one.

Rattle under the car, they are not sure of. They think is the cam lifters... They are really not sure. We will see.

Windows, they are not sure either. I did not do it for them so they can't fix it.

Picking up the car tonight. I can't wait to test out the steering wheel vibration. I wonder if they even tried it at 62mph.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Glad the vibration is sorted at least! Here in UK we seem to get far better service. When my cars have been in for service I've been loaned TT's , S5's, A3's no 'Japcrap' Toyboaters..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Blacky - I would double check that rattle you have to make sure it's not coming from the engine - there have been at least 6 members with that issue that have required new motors so keep your eye (and ears) on it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, I know. I told them about it and they seem to be OK with the engine noise. I am curious to hear other 3.2's. There a 5 others on the lot so I might check it out. It sure doesn't sound correct, but then, this is my first Audi... Coming from a 911 and a Merc, I have no idea what it should sound like. Runs like a champ after 7 1/2 months though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vibration solved! All they did was rotate the tires and the steering wheel vibration is gone. I even drove home in the rain and nothing... I heard that amplified the problem. It's like driving on glass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts