Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi y'all

soon to be ex-A5-wannabe :D , i'm currently looking for some 19/20" wheels to go with white A5. doesn't it seem to be weird that there are no darker wheels by Audi, while white cars become so popular huh?

anywayz, i'd be grateful for any sugestions, maybe pics?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hi there,

As an S5 wannabee (hopefully Mar08), I've been looking at possible wheel replacements and came across the Nothelle Novedra Sport VII, available in silver and black. I was specifically interested in 8.5x19 for the S5 but pretty sure they offer other sizes. Take a look at www.nothelle.com?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Strange, click English and it still comes up in German, nice wheels though. I'm still looking for some 9/9.5 x 19's to fill out the arches (standard wheels sit too far inside the arch for my eyes)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Joe,
What are you going to do with your S5 wheels? Interested in selling them on?

I asked my dealer about getting S5 wheels for my ordered 3.0 TDi, but seems this isn't an option. I've read elsewhere of at least one person (can't remember if it was this forum) who ordered S5 wheels for an A5 through the Audi spares department and paid £2500 for a set - I'm sure that would go a long way towards off-setting the cost of replacement ones for you!

I think the S5 wheels are fab, and at the same size as the 19" Y-design ones I've specced, would look fab with a phantom black A5.

(p.s. THis isn't an offer to buy your wheels for £2500!!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ja, diesen wheels look zo fantastich.. :cool: they remind me of what aston martin puts in their v8's. simple yet classy. thanks a lot!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Joe,
What are you going to do with your S5 wheels? Interested in selling them on?
(p.s. THis isn't an offer to buy your wheels for £2500!!)
Hmmm, that could be an interesting solution. Generally, when I've upgraded the wheels on my cars, the originals remain in my garage, taking up space and p*ssing off the missus, particularly when, on occasion, there's been two sets (with tyres) in there......

But if you're interested in them, (and understand that I won't have my car until March time), then I'd happily do you a deal. Be aware though, I was planning on going for a like-for-like size replacement and keeping the OE tyres (unless they turn out to be Toyos or Fuldas.....:eek: ) so you'd need to factor-in the cost of a set of boots

·
Registered
982 Posts
Strange, click English and it still comes up in German)
I noticed that too and what you need to do is click again on the 'English' option at the foot of each page. Takes it 2nd time around.

I understand your comment re. wheel width and filling the arches but as I understand it, different wheels have different offset values which essentially affect the distance between the wheel outer rim and the hub - this means that for a given rim width (say 8.5), the outer edge of the wheel might appear to be closer aligned with the wheel arch extremities if a wheel with a suitable off-set value is selected.
Have you considered spacers? Sometimes necessary necessary anyway to main correct offset on certain wheels, seems Nothelle can supply these up to 30mm.....

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hmmm, that could be an interesting solution. Generally, when I've upgraded the wheels on my cars, the originals remain in my garage, taking up space and p*ssing off the missus, particularly when, on occasion, there's been two sets (with tyres) in there......

But if you're interested in them, (and understand that I won't have my car until March time), then I'd happily do you a deal. Be aware though, I was planning on going for a like-for-like size replacement and keeping the OE tyres (unless they turn out to be Toyos or Fuldas.....:eek: ) so you'd need to factor-in the cost of a set of boots
Joe,
I'm expecting delivery in Jan, so whatever factory fit tyres come with my car, I'm sure I could transfer them onto just the S5 rims if I could get hold of some. Shouldn't be too expensive and they're exactly the same size as my 19" Y-design alloys.
Failing that, I'd look to get a set of Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetricals for them, although I understand these are still quite hard to get hold of in the UK as they're new.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ok, I saw only one member on this forum that has blacken center rims accented with the polished lip on a black car. I have been searching this forum to see if anybody else has this combination. I'm in the process of purchasing some alu rims and what to see some inspiration. So please, if you have, or know of any links that have what I'm looking for please post...thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oops - sorry, posted in error

1 - 10 of 10 Posts