Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my friends want me to get the Black Suede+Black leather combo, but I duno why...after sitting on the suede and then on the leather i think the leather allow me to slide and adjust, whereas suede gets u stuck on the seat. But suede+leather looks more sporty and unique..

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yeah, the main purposes for Alcantara, besides looks, is its ability to firmly hold someone to their seat, and because it is thought to, like standard cloth, allow more air circulation which prevents the seats, and you, from getting sticky and hot. Also, Alcantara does wear, but it doesn't wear like leather, as there are very minimal wrinkles and sagging formed in Alcantara, even after extended use, which is one of the reasons why I don't like leather (I have seen pictures of some S5s with only 5k miles of use, and the drivers side seat has multiple wrinkles on the left lower bolster, and the center lower leather is beginning to sag).

On another note, I would like to mention, just in case you were not aware, that Alcantara is not suede, nor does it come from the skin of any animal. It is, in fact, a special type of cloth, similar to microfiber, which provides a similar feel as suede, but lasts longer, breathes better, and doesn't become "shiny" after extended use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts