Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A number of owners are saying that they were able to order black headlining option £200.:confused: I have a 1.8 on order and when i tried to order black headlining i was told this was not an option. I also contacted audi UK who also confirmed this:mad:

i emailed the dealer today and the reply was -

With regards to the other A5 owner...do they have the car in their
physical possession or have they ordered a car that has not come through
yet?
"The reason I ask is that we cannot find any way of ordering the car with
black headlining and it may be the case that the other customers believe
his/her car is coming through with black headlining when it isn't."

Can anybody help

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
hi SJ1 can i ask what dealer your going through?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
try calling Tony at Aberdeen Audi and asking him the question, 01224 400500 he will give you the honest answer, dont trust glasgow/edinburgh audi i would not give them business i dont trust them

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Yeah, I've seen other posts that people don't rate Glasgow Audi. Ianhp1 has the black headlining on his S5 and it's not listed in the UK brochure, so it must be available. In fact he seems to love everything black on his car! You just have to ask the right question of the right person. Try another Audi dealer in Scotland and I'm sure you'll get what you're after.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
In the brochure you can get silver or black in the S5 at no extra cost - but not in the A5
sj1,
You're quite right, although if you have standard seats and choose cinnamon colour, then you get the balck headlining as standard (Order code GJ). On the basis that the customer is always right, I would think that you can force a dealer to negotiate with Audi in Germany and get you what you want - it is available after all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scratch113

do you think i could force them to do that - it is costing costing on the other side of £30000 - it my first audi- previous merc & bmw -you can get anything you want with them

by the way no discount - do you think i have been done

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I think you'd be lucky with a discount from a main dealer on an A5/S5 at the moment. Order numbers are still pretty low per dealer, so if they don't sell it to you at list price, the chances are they'll sell the build slot to someone else - not much room for negotiating from a customer point of view. There's bound to be exceptions out there, but you've probably got to be pretty hard-nosed if you really want a discount (ie be prepared to walk away and not order at all if you're really serious about getting that discount.) In short, no, I don't think you were done.

However, same applies for the black headlining - the Star Silver is actually very nice and lightens the interior quite a bit. I had a (standard) black headlining in my old S4 and found it a bit dark with black Leather/Alcantara and black dash. However, if you show your dealer it's a deal-breaker, then you might get somewhere. You've got to be prepared to walk away with no car though if you don't get your way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
scratch113

orderd back at the beginning of feb and deposit already paid - may be to late to push for it - was able to sell my car so no px - so i need it

just bringing this issue up as member robb thinks his is coming with black headlining also

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
SJ1 really contact Tony and he would prob get you a discount as well...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi SJ1,

I definatly got black headliner as a factory fitted option £170.21 +vat however I checked out lastest price guide & this option is not shown. Black does look good though, not clostriphobic at all as some others have stated.
hope this helps.

Regards Golfdeeko

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
it is available according to my fleet manager, i will call him up tommorow and get him to double check, but he was pretty sure that it was available because i was going for the ciniman milano with black headlining originally but decided i didnt want the ciniman because its looked kinda dodgy in certain lighting. so went for the black and the optional extra black headlining for £200.

·
Registered
269 Posts
PS I got mine through Edinburgh Audi same group as Glasgow

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
robb

you can get it with ciniman and standard seat but would never have the colour - on the first A5 brochure it was in the options list but not now- still on the A5 config on the audi site - contacted audi uk regarding that

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
excuse me guys, but what is black headlining? :confused:
the roof lining of the interior, it star silver or something with the black milano.
but it should and i think it is a priced optional extra.

sj1: before i signed the order off the fleet manager confirmed everything through audi i believe, i gave him the spec i wanted he took another day to confirm it. And he did know it was a £200 optional extra as its marked down under the options on the order. Anyway like i said i will give him a buzz tommorow to confirm it for you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi All,

I had a similar problem but with ordering Cinamon leather but in teh SPORT seats - Cinamon seats are not listed against the sport - but I placed my order in December and I am getting Black car with cinamon leather sport seats WITH black headlining - I ordred through Manchester Audi

They did mess up on the exhaust as I went for 1.8T and said it would had exhaust on either side, also did not allow me to order B & O with bluetooth, and also cancelled my panoramic roof after a few months of placing order

·
Registered
151 Posts
Black Headlining is available in the UK. My car has it (Meteor grey / black leather) and is on the Audi UK A5 Car Configurator listed as a £200 option (dependent on the leather colour I think).

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
just got a mail from SJ1 and he got it sorted yippie..... so you know you can get the upgrade!!!

Goes to show once again how Edinburgh/Glasgow just love to put their customer requirements first NOT! :mad: which is sad really because after all do they not want repeat customers? i for sure gave Edinburgh Audi 4 attempts to get my cab(s) right and it never happened but there again maybe it was fate as i would not have changed to the A5 if i didnt have my car in at the garage always being fixed under warrently....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.