Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just received an S5 grille; my idea is to remove all chrome parts and paint this grey plastic it in to black gloss as standard A5 grill comes with, then reassembly chromes and fit.
1.) Any idea where from get quality black gloss paint ?
2.) Is there any tricks I should know about painting before - it doesnt seems to be difficult I hope?
3.) ...Is that good idea ? :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Getting paint to Adhere to Plastic is very awkward.... make sure you use a decent flexible Primer otherwise it may seem to have taken well but will start to flake/peel as soon as it has had a couple of power washes and been in and out the sun a few Times!!!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
1.) Any idea where from get quality black gloss paint ?

B&Q (NOT B&O!) or Homebase??..... seriously I would talk to your local car bodyshop, in my experience a professional job looks professional.:eek:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah.. u both right ... I see how much audi bodyshop will quote me for that .. thanks for advice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rino, go to the body shop yourself, dont go via Audi.

Audi will just go to some local cowboys and get the cheapest price they can, then charge you an extra 200% for it.
well, I was think about that and true, I never seen any designated audi bodyshop.So far they send me to someone local with pricing me £150/h labour, so I am gonna quote about that someone else but this time not via audi garage..

thanks for advice robb :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.