Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used black chrome for any application, be it exhaust or wheels... I am considering black chrome for exhaust tips or maybe even wheels. What are you thoughts/experiences?

I found this picture...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I like the idea of having them for the exhaust, think they would suit a light colour car really well. Or a dark car if you were going for that stealth look.

On the wheel front, not so sure about it - I've seen a lot of cars with dark coloured/black wheels, and the only ones it actually suited were the very sporty racer style cars. On an elegant looking car I dont think looks so great, but I guess it depends on the wheel and how much it suits it.

I'm a great believer that although some wheels look really good on their own, that doesn't necessarily mean that they will look good on the car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stealth look is what I am looking for as far as exhaust goes; I like the idea of being able to hear a nice exhaust note and people looking around wondering where it is coming from. Also, I think it will suit a debagged vehicle when someone is going for that “clean” look.

Here is a Cayman S with black chrome exhaust

Your right about the wheels, the more I think about it, black wheels probably will not suit an A5/S5.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I want to black chrome the stock wheels. I think they will be a really nice match to the Meteor Gray exterior that I have on order. I though this from the first time I saw the car in pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts