Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me a year but I am finally done with all the visual aspects of the outside. It is now time to move on to performance. Here are some pics after a quick detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
jesus, 5% tint! sorry, that really caught my eye. can you even see out of there? a little overstated for my tastes, but not a bad looking ride overall.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually people over think how bad 5% really is. It is amazingly helpful during summer and your eyes get used to it at night. I have not had any problems with vision, and i gotta say it looks amazing, ties a car together.

·
Registered
642 Posts
is that the stock s5 grill painted black? or the black optics (i thought the black optics vertical bars weren't chrome) If its painted...are you getting any chipping?

your taillight tints....are they sprayed of film?

i wish my car was white when i see cars like yours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it is the stock s5 grille painted black. It does chip but it is well worth the trouble the gloss black looks much better than the matte black that comes with the black optics kit. I am going to get clear vinyl installed on it to protect against chipping. A detail shop where I am from can get it in bulk and just cut to install it.

The taillight tints were done by the same detail company thy know people in the body shop business so they sent the lights to them. They were sanded and then sprayed with a mixture of tint they made(through a paint gun) to make the darkness the same all around.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment white is really the best way to go, I previously owned a black car and it was so hard to maintain a good paint finish. With white it is easy to clean an it stays clean for a while as long as there is no rain.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Little over the top for me, and wheels aren't nearly aggressive enough....

·
Registered
537 Posts
well, he could put on some spacers and lower the car an inch, inch and a half, fill out those fenders. 5% tint is DARK, but i guess i'm not in my 20's anymore and 15 years of boxing may have taken it's toll on my eyesight. oh well, to each his own, but at 35%, i sometimes have trouble making out other cars at night through the rearview. should have gone with the 50%.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Not as aggressive imo....definitely needs spacers + lowering!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't mind the storm trooper look but with all of these comments you are the one that has to drive it every day. I would have gone with a more aggressive wheel and dropped it.....IMO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts