Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully carried bikes on an A5/S5 convertible and if so using why carrier? I tried a Saris Bones boot mounted rack last year but it was terrible. Have seen ‘Seasucker’ as a brand but their kit seems very expensive.

Any suggestions much appreciated

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
Thule make decent stuff mate, I used one on a Golf years ago. One of the safest solutions is the one that mounts onto a tow bar.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a Thule tow bar mounted bike carrier - it was pretty good and one of the safest options - there is a clamp for the tow bar and straps hooking onto the boot lid so it should work on a cabrio - I had two adult and two kids bikes on it, but they all have weight limits so you need to check this. Also worth noting there is usually a speed limit (they don't advertise this, its rtfm I'm afraid). I think mine was 50 mph limit (I will check when I'm in the garage later)

A few months ago I was passed by a plonker going 70 on the A1307 which is a bouncyish road - the straps detached and the bikes dropped right in front of me - fortunately, the hitch held the bikes in place stopping them from scattering all over the road. Without the hitch it would have been carnage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts