Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might know, I am a complete noob and know nothing about installation of after-market upgrades. I plan to get HRE wheels, euroclear headlights, gloss black grill, etc. etc. I was just wondering, where in Los angeles is the best place for the money for me to buy my wheels, and everything i need, and where to install it:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
As some of you might know, I am a complete noob and know nothing about installation of after-market upgrades. I plan to get HRE wheels, euroclear headlights, gloss black grill, etc. etc. I was just wondering, where in Los angeles is the best place for the money for me to buy my wheels, and everything i need, and where to install it:confused:
Which HRE's are you looking?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hollywood, take a look at F1 Motorsport (http://www.f1motorsports.com) in North Hollywood, on Magnolia.

If you were more south or don't like what you see at F1 south I would check out Status Auto Design (Hermosa Beach) or Shoreline Motoring (Newport beach).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
890R will look great. What finish are you getting?
I'm getting a brushed finish to match my inlays and trim, with a chrome lip, 4 in. in the rear, 2.5 lip in the front.

Hollywood, take a look at F1 Motorsport (http://www.f1motorsports.com) in North Hollywood, on Magnolia.

If you were more south or don't like what you see at F1 south I would check out Status Auto Design (Hermosa Beach) or Shoreline Motoring (Newport beach).
Thanks a lot, i'm purchasing the gloss black grill and euroclear lights from madaudi.com, so could F1 or the other place install them? and i have a few people from HRE contacting me to say they'll build the wheels, will F1 or Status auto design install the wheels with tires an such, and will these places do things like de-badge the A5 emblem, paint the rear valence white, and things like that?

·
Registered
479 Posts
All 3 of those shops are fairly high end and can help you with the HRE wheels, mount & balance, etc. As for the other stuff, I'm sure they will do it for you - but I'm sure I speak for others here that almost all of that is DIY - the grille, the lights, debadge, are all easy things.

Painting the valence, you'll have to find a body shop to do that for you.

·
Registered
642 Posts
i am nowhere near LA, but i thought i could give you a little advice. debadging is very easy.....all you need to do is a hairdryer and some fishing wire or floss. You jst heat it up for a minute and then slip the wire behind and pull it off, and use some goo-gone to take any adhesive left behind. The grille is harder though because i have heard that you must take the bumper off. The euro headlights are pretty easy, if you use search there is a thread that has really good pictures on how to take them off. Its just 3 screws.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you're willing to take a drive to Anahiem their is a great low-priced shop that does all the paint and body work for Circle Audi called Perfect Color they can do most mods and their paint work is the best for the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts