Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of this Article, It really made me want to try Glendora Mountain Road. I heard about it before, but never went that far since I am close to LA. One place close to LA I know of is Angel Crest Highway (aka Route 2). Both are great mountain roads.

Feel free to post any good places for a weekend drive and people in the same area can have a get together to cruise.

P.S. Going to Glendora Mountain Road this weekend. Anyone interested PM me.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I live on the other end of that GMR loop in the canyons of Azusa. There are some very nice places to take pictures up there, especially overlooking the reservoirs. Enjoy the ride!

I've driven Angel Crest Highway before, that is a lot of fun, but the problem with all these mountain roads is that one slow car will ruin your whole drive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've driven Angel Crest Highway before, that is a lot of fun, but the problem with all these mountain roads is that one slow car will ruin your whole drive.

Very True. And depending on the weather, Angeles Crest can have a lot of rocks on the road. I think I got 3 chips from my last trip. :(

Also beware of the cyclists and bikers, they can be quite annoying

·
Registered
34 Posts
My God, those mountain roads look amazing! I am sure they are a lot of fun. Do you ever see Dick Tracy taking radar? I wish I new about those roads when I lived in LA back in the 80's. I owned a Alpha Romeo GTV.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ok, after living at one end of GMR for over 4 years today I finally drove it - fun! The A5 in automatic was hopeless, so pushing it over to manual was a must. I felt the stability control kick in a few times when I was accelerating out of turns and it actually felt like it was getting in the way, so at some point in the future I may try it again with it turned off and see what happens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lucky you, I was in Glendora last Sunday. But find the radiator leaking when I was filling up for the drive. Car should be back by this weekend. Might try again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts