Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hi mate, nice to a fellow yorkshireman. Tony banks gave me the following quote:

THERES NO PROBLEM WITH THAT SYSTEM WE CAN CUSTOM BUILD AND PERFECTLY FIT AN EXHAUST FROM THE CATALYST/FRONT PIPE TO THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE, BOOK PRICE FOR THIS IS £529 BACK BOX DELETE PIPES AND NEW TIPS IS £329 OR AN XPIPE IS £249.

Yes, they wrote all in CAPS. I will defo check out STG but I got 10k on my finance to pay for until i "own" the car and can mod it first :(
Lol, honestly wouldn't waste time with Tony Banks, plus they're really rude! I actually got in my car and just drove off.

Shane's number at STG is 07925 023415. Top guy and can't do enough to keep customers happy. Tell him Andy from Ossett with Merc CLK350 convertible recommended :laugh:

I'd use him again but because I've moved to sunny Notts, it's difficult for me to get up there and leave my car overnight etc....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lol, honestly wouldn't waste time with Tony Banks, plus they're really rude! I actually got in my car and just drove off.

Shane's number at STG is 07925 023415. Top guy and can't do enough to keep customers happy. Tell him Andy from Ossett with Merc CLK350 convertible recommended :laugh:

I'd use him again but because I've moved to sunny Notts, it's difficult for me to get up there and leave my car overnight etc....
Nice one. I'm actually in Ossett too if you'd believe. When you got yours done, what did you fess up to on your insurance? I just did a brand new quote (as mines dew for renewal) and they want £1,400 for an S5 with an exhaust and £1,100 without.

·
Registered
549 Posts

Shane's number at STG is 07925 023415. Top guy and can't do enough to keep customers happy. Tell him Andy from Ossett with Merc CLK350 convertible recommended

Nice one. I'm actually in Ossett too if you'd believe. When you got yours done, what did you fess up to on your insurance? I just did a brand new quote (as mines dew for renewal) and they want £1,400 for an S5 with an exhaust and £1,100 without.
No way - small world! Didn't think anyone was cool enough to own an S5 in Ossett! I told ins company that I had a new exhaust put on as old one had a hole. Said Guy made it from scratch. They asked if it increased performance and i pleaded ignorance 'how would I know that?' Said it was stainless steel and they were cool with it.

Well, seeing as you know the area, STG is down passed Silkwood pub, go to bottom and turn right, he's just there

·
Registered
88 Posts
No way - small world! Didn't think anyone was cool enough to own an S5 in Ossett! I told ins company that I had a new exhaust put on as old one had a hole. Said Guy made it from scratch. They asked if it increased performance and i pleaded ignorance 'how would I know that?' Said it was stainless steel and they were cool with it.

Well, seeing as you know the area, STG is down passed Silkwood pub, go to bottom and turn right, he's just there
Awesome, thanks mate :). I'm not the only one. There's a blue S5 Sportback and a brand new silver one somewhere(which sounds insane). Ossett is mostly filled by rice boxes though.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Awesome, thanks mate :). I'm not the only one. There's a blue S5 Sportback and a brand new silver one somewhere(which sounds insane). Ossett is mostly filled by rice boxes though.

Hah - lots of 1.25 Fiesta zetec that sounds like someone blowing a trombone from the boot

·
Registered
549 Posts
NEW UPDATE!!

Arranged for the AWE Touring with resonated Downpipes to be fitted on Monday!!!! "CAN'T WAIT" is a total understatement!!!

I'll do a before and after video for the post >:)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Reactions: Andy Dutch

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2010 s5 3.0 with the convertible. I am on a tight budget and need to buy a used system. I found one for an akrapovic system but it says it is only for the v8 s5. Has anyone tried to see if this system will work with the v6. If not, does anyone have a complete system for under $1000?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Probably best starting a new thread rather than revive a near 10 year old thread. :)

I have put V8 downpipes on my V6 S5 (but I adapted the bore size down to fit the rest of the V6 system. Yes the only difference is the bore size. So if you put a whole system on including the down pipes, then yes a V8 system will fit.

The convertible does have different exhaust part numbers, but I think it's because it's in more pieces because of the extra bracing underneath on the convertible.

In the UK we have shops that will do a stainless custom system. These are cheaper than the branded off the shelve stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ended up getting a Borla exhaust for a good price from 4wheelonline. It has a nice tone at idle, and full throttle sounds great also. The only downside is that the instructions are a bit vague.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts