Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
That sounds lovely and may well be the best exhaust I've heard. Was that recorded inside in a garage or outside in free space?

Having said that, it's also very expensive.... :(

Outside on the street. Videos don't do it justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Razorback, that is a straight piped (no exhaust) video. If you are looking for killer exhaust sounds check out Akrapovic and Fast Intentions (non-resonated)...with the FI, look for the video with the dark S5 that has the ski carrier on the roof. That's what i purchased and it's incredible. I get stopped weekly with people asking what exhaust i have on the car as it sounds so incredible.

Reactions: Dan616

·
Registered
18 Posts
Definatly Supersprint ITALY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
88 Posts
read through all this thread.. never knew there were so many brands!! (borla,GMG,miltek,capristo,AWE,amytrix,IPE)

Got an S5 V8 Tiptronic gonna get a Miltek as my price is kinda limited. Anybody know a good garage who will source the exhaust + fit it in the North/middle of england?

Also for car insurance, what do you guys tell your insurance company? I asked mine and they want £400 extra premium as its a "performance exhaust".

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you're up towards Manchester, try Awesome GTI. They seem to do most stuff and appear knowledgeable (at least to me).

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you're up towards Manchester, try Awesome GTI. They seem to do most stuff and appear knowledgeable (at least to me).
As the cheapest way of modding my exhaust to sound louder I'm going to get the mid-resonator replaced with an X-Pipe. Might get these guys to fit it for me. Thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
As the cheapest way of modding my exhaust to sound louder I'm going to get the mid-resonator replaced with an X-Pipe. Might get these guys to fit it for me. Thanks.
If you're going the modding route, I'd suggest a custom exhaust builder (they do exist!!). You'll have to google that one though as you know where you live.... As an example of what to look for, I found I had Infinity Exhausts within reasonable driving distance of me (after I had bought my exhaust from Awesome :confused:.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you're going the modding route, I'd suggest a custom exhaust builder (they do exist!!). You'll have to google that one though as you know where you live.... As an example of what to look for, I found I had Infinity Exhausts within reasonable driving distance of me (after I had bought my exhaust from Awesome :confused:.

Yeah I've actually changed my mind about the xpipe. Going to just get a custom catback for half the price of Milltek. There's Tony Banks in Leeds and there's one in Wakefield too that i'm gonna go to tomorrow to get a quote.

EDIT: Can't get an exhaust mod full stop now. Finance company says no mods :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here's one I made earlier! Catback Stainless X-Pipe, with empty back boxes and some matt black tips. Courtesy of Elite Customs in Ayr.
Not an amazing video but gives a decent idea.
The X-Pipe definitely helps regulate the noise, when the engines warm its barely noticeable till you stick your foot down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here's one I made earlier! Catback Stainless X-Pipe, with empty back boxes and some matt black tips. Courtesy of Elite Customs in Ayr.
Not an amazing video but gives a decent idea.
The X-Pipe definitely helps regulate the noise, when the engines warm its barely noticeable till you stick your foot down.

This sounds insane mate. How much did it cost ya?

·
Registered
122 Posts
As i understand when someone asks for the best exhaust it is just THE SOUND.

IMO the best exhaust has to give all below,

-Sound
-Performance
-Weight reduction
-isolation for internally irritating sounds
-On/Off/Auto customisable features
-Meet the requirements of official regulations like emissions and etc. to pass routine governmental controls.
-Looking good.

Then you have to pay a lot. Capristo or anything a like...

If you are just talking about the sound then just go for the straight pipe which is around 40 USD in Turkey.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This sounds insane mate. How much did it cost ya?
I'll say it was cheaper than any bolt-on exhaust.
I think its better to choose how your exhaust is composed and ultimately how it sounds, than buying one off the shelf where you have a limited amount play.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yeah I've actually changed my mind about the xpipe. Going to just get a custom catback for half the price of Milltek. There's Tony Banks in Leeds and there's one in Wakefield too that i'm gonna go to tomorrow to get a quote.

EDIT: Can't get an exhaust mod full stop now. Finance company says no mods :(

Hi Crispy, I'm from Wakefield and I went to Tony Banks and wasn't impressed. The only exhaust fabricator I could recommend is STG in Wakefield, Shane is fantastic. To give you a heads up, I asked him for a price for my S5 cab 3.0T and he quoted £1200.

Not bad to say he will build it to your spec. He got my CLK350 AMG cab sounding amazing, like a C63!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Crispy, I'm from Wakefield and I went to Tony Banks and wasn't impressed. The only exhaust fabricator I could recommend is STG in Wakefield, Shane is fantastic. To give you a heads up, I asked him for a price for my S5 cab 3.0T and he quoted £1200.

Not bad to say he will build it to your spec. He got my CLK350 AMG cab sounding amazing, like a C63!!!
Hi mate, nice to a fellow yorkshireman. Tony banks gave me the following quote:

THERES NO PROBLEM WITH THAT SYSTEM WE CAN CUSTOM BUILD AND PERFECTLY FIT AN EXHAUST FROM THE CATALYST/FRONT PIPE TO THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE, BOOK PRICE FOR THIS IS £529 BACK BOX DELETE PIPES AND NEW TIPS IS £329 OR AN XPIPE IS £249.

Yes, they wrote all in CAPS. I will defo check out STG but I got 10k on my finance to pay for until i "own" the car and can mod it first :(

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi all,just let you know my experience. So, after owning my '10 S5 now for 12 months for most of that time i have had a Milltek resonated system fitted, after 2 weeks or so i went from standard to the res Milltek, bit of an improvement in sound but a little disappointed it wasn't louder( each to their own :) ).
Now, today, i got a Milltek non res section fitted.... wow, much much better. Pretty sensible sound on start up and you now know there's a V8 when on the move. Mine's tiptronic and yes there is some drone but i just flick down a gear or keep it in sport. After running a Mustang and Camaro's it's bloody great to get the engine vocal on this S5, just pissed off it took me this long to replace the res section. Happy days.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts