Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?

AWE? STASIS? MTM?

Please name all you know about exhausts and which you think are the best!

·
Registered
197 Posts
B&B

·
Registered
186 Posts
A.W.E touring for automatic and GMG for manual!

Reactions: Andy Dutch

·
Registered
197 Posts
What difference does the transmission make for the exaust?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I ordered the GMG this morning. I plan on doing the install myself. It should arrive here in a week or so. I'll let you know how it goes!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
842 Posts
I always thought my Millteks sounded great from inside the car. Heard them from the outside for the first time yesterday. Eargasm is an understatement. I get compliments every day.

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I never hear anyone talk up Miltek, its like the bastard child of the exhaust world. However I hear a lot of you tube and real life exhausts and honetly my Miltek sounds great and I get compliments all the time. What gives?

·
Registered
306 Posts
What difference does the transmission make for the exaust?
Automatic transmissions tend to keep the RPM's low for better fuel consumption. Most non-resonated aftermarket exhausts drone at a low RPM. With a manual transmission, you can control where you want to shift so you can stay out of the low RPM's if the drone bothers you.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Well I'd say my Milltek, de-catted and fully no res, she's a beast :D

Must get around to posting a vid sometime!

Here's one before de-catted (awful 1/4 run but put on youtube purely for the sound).

·
Registered
197 Posts
What is the diameter of the stock exaust?

·
Registered
395 Posts
from the videos ive seen i think AWE with downpipes sounds the best and i think thats what i am going to go with, but i wish i could find a used one..

the GMG also sounds pretty amazing in the videos...

if anyone is willing to sell their AWE please let me know!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got Milltek

Last summer I put on (or under))) Milltek non-res catback and downpipes. The sound was awesome, to put it mildly. Just recently, I changed the middle part to resonated, because I have tiptronic, and the drone was too much for da lady. Not anymore screaming eagle, but still enough to turn heads a mile away.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like this topic.... Looking to find out what the best exhaust was too. I have watched a ton of videos on line and been to all the webpages and compared prices.

Has anyone just gone to a muffler shop and had a custom one made? A local shop here in Charlotte told me that they could do full header back exhaust for about half the price. Also any tip set up I want. I have seen some of the work they do on BMW's and its quality stuff, but I don't know... something bout a name brand puts me at comfort.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
There are a few with custom exhaust S5Trace but nothing more than cat-back systems. Make sure your shop is aware that it's a matter of an engine drop to get the cats out and I dread to think how difficult it is to get to the headers, it's an extremley tight fit!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Has anyone tried the new AWE touring exhaust with downpipes? Just wondering...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just to add my two cents, I LOVE my GMG. I get lots of compliments on the sound. Not too loud to make it sound like a '67 Chevelle but gives it the right exotic sound. I love it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
There are a few with custom exhaust S5Trace but nothing more than cat-back systems. Make sure your shop is aware that it's a matter of an engine drop to get the cats out and I dread to think how difficult it is to get to the headers, it's an extremley tight fit!
I bet his shop did not realize where the cats are.

Spinner, what are the things that look like cats at the bottom? They are just before where the cat backs hook up. Since those are not cats can they really call these systems cat backs? And, how many mufflers and resonators do these cars have?

Looks to me like cats, resonators, muffler, resonators. No wonder they are so quite.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I love my GMG, but I think the AWE is the nicest out now....

Reactions: Kelvm77
1 - 20 of 211 Posts