• White / Red

Votes: 7 17.5%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Now that S5's are beginning to filter through, out the following which do you think would be the best combo?

Julie

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hi Julie, I selected Meteor/red because that's what I originally ordered - however, in retrospect I would have gone for Quartz/red - really not happy with the hue of Meteor in some lights.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Although i've ordered white/red, I voted black/red only reason I've gone with White is because I wanted a change from black as i've had black for the last 6 years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi

well saj ,i think you got it bang on white on red,for the reason you will be an original, or at least thats what the pole indicates....
for me its white on black,i went for that combo for the same reason as you ,i had a black car previous for 5 years.white is hard to keep clean or more that it shows the dirt easier. at this time of year in england its impossible to drive 100 yards without the car gathering dirt..
a couple of examples why white is the colour to have...

the first day i got it the weather was good and the car was gleaming, i reckon 80% of other road drivers and pedestrians gave it the eye, i was watching for this specificaly cause i wanted to see how noticed it was.. that day i was in traffic very slowly moving, coming the other way also slowly moving was a young quite good looking lady, as she looked at car her mouth opened and stayed open for as long as i looked at her,so ,she was either yawning and i was seeing things or as i expect her knicker elastic had snapped due to the look of the white s5....guys ,this car snaps knicker elastic....suppose this wont be much use to the thread starter as she is called julie...

secondly i went to my hairdresser for a cut, he has got stlyle coming out his ears,as can be seen from his persona and general salon image, he came out looked at it and said, that is top of the game, your a leader not a follower,i had already payed and tipped him at this point so forget that idea...
still black looks great i drove a demo in black wanted to buy it but they would,nt let me..
it all comes down to personel choice,but if you want to be different and be noticed in a big way get white over black..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Colli, I think its the car more than the colour that draws the attention of fellow motorists. I have to agree though that white when its spotless on an A5/S5 looks amazing. I saw a Sprint Blue one yesterday and loved that too. I'm not a great fan of Black cars but chose the S5 in Black/red because to me it just suited the character of the car and when its clean it looks rich. If there is ever an RS5 mine will be white or sprint with black leather - probably ???

·
Registered
94 Posts
From the options available I voted for white/red but that's not what I've ordered! Which is Black/Silver nappa. I think I mentioned this before: white is very common and black is still fairly rare here in Queensland and it was 1986 when I last had a black car - a BMW 318i, so for me having black again will seem a novelty after a series of red, silver, white, blue, burgandy, and god knows what else over the last 20 years!

·
Registered
47 Posts
my dealer told me it will at least 2-3 years before an rs5 comes out which for us that are lucky enough to have s 5s now then will be a good time to trade in, i will be doing the same colour combo as you blade..good job we live at opposite ends of the country...
to our friend in austrailia, the popular colour in the u.k for the last 5-8 years has been silver and black and it still is, black more so than silver. i bet we wont see many s 5s in silver here .although the brochure shows the s5 in silver and it looks nice....but not as nice as white....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
none of those options are my preference

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hard to beat black/black in this car--it just never gets old with this type of car.
I object to the poll on the grounds that its question is unfair. First of all, even from the colors listed it is impossible to tell what we are talking about. For example, there are actually two blacks available; brilliant and phantom. Secon, you've omitted the best color combo -- Sprint Blue over Silver. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
What about Ibis White/Tuscan Brown. I originally ordered White/Red, but After I saw the autoshow car I changed immediately

·
Registered
383 Posts
Anyone Keen on Red?

How about Red? Doesn't seem too popular:confused: and is missing from your poll also

The standard Brilliant Red is a bit flat and is close to the red of the brake lights, so it kinda looks strange because the lights blend in to the bodywork.

I ordered custom Misano Red Pearl and will post the pictures when the car arrives in January/Feb.

I was tempted to go Imola Yellow, but that would be the same as my S4, so I picked the next brightest colour:D I think the S5 would look good in that color has anyone seen one in yellow?

Anyway, aren't all sports cars Red?

Just kidding! color is a very personal choice

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi guys,

firstly sorry for limiting the range but wanted opinions on my favourite colours :)

never really considered black cars ... hate the swirl marks as they get older. having said this, the car does look nice in black

white looks great but risky - risky yet utilitarian at the same time.

always had silver cars which ive found easy to keep but now wanting a change ... thus the reason for throwing in meteor

keep the opinions coming :)

thanks

julie

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Julie, Black and white are high maintenance, just for diferent reasons, black if you don't work at it will show swirls (although I found a way to avoid them), white needs to be spotless to look good, one coat of road film and it'll just look dull and lifeless (that said I like white alot). Meteor seems a popular choice but for me it changes too much in the light, sometimes looks greeny grey. Just a thought but have you taken a look at Sprint Blue ?? I saw one for the first time recently and it looked stunning, way better than I'd imagined- and easier to maintain..tough call though and at the end of the day its your opinion that counts not ours..
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=223&d=1191966384

·
Registered
735 Posts
I think I'll be going with Phantom Black and Magma - same as on our TT - shows up the mirrors and alu trim nicely on black - the pale leather is TOO pale, I'm fed up of black leather having had it in every car for the past 10 years, so red is the logical choice for me :)

Probably with carbon trim :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
hi guys,

firstly sorry for limiting the range but wanted opinions on my favourite colours :)

never really considered black cars ... hate the swirl marks as they get older. having said this, the car does look nice in black

white looks great but risky - risky yet utilitarian at the same time.

always had silver cars which ive found easy to keep but now wanting a change ... thus the reason for throwing in meteor

keep the opinions coming :)

thanks

julie
I used to hate those swirl marks as well but with care can minimize them and I have started using Griot's Garage (www.griot'sgarage.com) fine Grade 3 or 4 polish with the electric orbital hand polisher/waxer and despite my initial fear of harming my finish it absolutely does remove the swirls very nicely and gives an outstanding shine. Haven't tried it on the s5 yet and will be nervous again the first time I use it but it seems to work great.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Having second thoughs on interior trim now - as we have magma on the TT already, might be a bit daft looking :eek: to have the same on the S5 ?

Is the silver trim very light? Durable? I work in the construction industry, so would be in an out of sites, so a darker trim might be more suitable?

·
Registered
275 Posts
The silver trim looks great, as it contrasts in a two tone style with the dashboard and headlining as well as door trimming. It is very easily maintained. In actual fact, on every day use, it does get dirty, and you notice it slightly, but it cleans VERY easily, which means you ultimately keep it clean and maintain it which keeps it in better shape than a darker color that you would probably never clean.

I love the look of it, somewhat luxurious and classy elegance, but the darker plastics keep the sporty look......

Honestly, maintenance and cleanliness are not an issue...

·
Registered
735 Posts
The silver trim looks great, as it contrasts in a two tone style with the dashboard and headlining as well as door trimming. It is very easily maintained. In actual fact, on every day use, it does get dirty, and you notice it slightly, but it cleans VERY easily, which means you ultimately keep it clean and maintain it which keeps it in better shape than a darker color that you would probably never clean.

I love the look of it, somewhat luxurious and classy elegance, but the darker plastics keep the sporty look......

Honestly, maintenance and cleanliness are not an issue...
Good to know - as you say, black gets dirty too, and we never see it, so thats kinda yukky ! :eek: :D

The silver would enforce a regular cleaning regieme :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Colour Combo

Mine is Phantom Black but with Alcantara black seats. Never cold or hot....just right. I'm not lugging araound small kids anymore and my dog will never get in my car. My wife's MB is for that! hahaha

1 - 20 of 53 Posts