Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She’s finally here and oh so worth the wait! Picked up on Sat. and can’t wait to get back out on the road. Absolutely gorgeous spec. The technology is a major leap for me from the b6 s4 but I am looking fwd to figuring it all out. My salesman Brad really took care of going over everything, getting the IPOD configured, Bluetooth etc. Thanks N. Scottsdale!

A special thanks to all you fall 07 ‘ers here and overseas that helped me through the wait period. Your discussions helped me more than you know.

The paint is amazing and I think this is the first audi I’ve purchased were I’ve seen almost zero orange peel from the factory. ADS is the business and I am really happy with specifying the option. As it’s been said many times before to all in the que it is well worth it! Talk soon.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Congrats,it is a great feeling - ENJOY :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Lets see some photos!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just curious as to how you got the Daytona Gray paint. I don't see it on the dealer configuration and you said it was from the factory. Honestly, Meteor is a tad too dark for me. Daytona was the perfect color that I had wanted, but I had assumed that it was not possible to order my S5 in the color. Could I have asked the dealer to have my car custom painted? And please, I'm dying to see pics :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just curious as to how you got the Daytona Gray paint.
Daytona Gray is not a standard color available for the A5/S5. You have to pay $2,500 extra since it's an "Audi Exclusive" color.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I see, and do you know if there are any pictures of a Daytona S5 on this forum? I found some of an A5 but they don't really show the color clearly. Thanks.
The only pictures I have seen posted here of an S5 with Daytona Pearl paint was taken by a very poor quality camera phone (similar to what the original Moto Razr would take), and I have been unable to find them. Which is why I am hoping that this member, or a second member I know of here who should get his S5 in Daytona in a month or so, will post some good, high res pictures of an S5 with Daytona paint... and I am betting it will look spectacular!

·
Registered
268 Posts
PICTURES!!! We need them....great combo, interested in seeing it as thats what my RS6 has but have not seen an S5 ordered special yet with the combo.

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
WoW. That is the most beautiful S5 I've seen to date (That is actually the exact color that I wanted my S5 in but quartz was just too light so I had to go with meteor). Seriously if it looks that great in photos, it is probably stunning in person. Does it come with the Magma interior or is the color combo not possible?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on your S5. Best combo available in my opinion. Bummer for me. I was going to place an order for Daytona / Silver with NE Scottsdale. I knew there was already a Daytona / Brown but now that there is another, I do not know if I want to spend $2500.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
WoW. That is the most beautiful S5 I've seen to date (That is actually the exact color that I wanted my S5 in but quartz was just too light so I had to go with meteor). Seriously if it looks that great in photos, it is probably stunning in person. Does it come with the Magma interior or is the color combo not possible?
Thanks. I think that when you order a custom color you can choose whatever interior choices that are available. I went with pearl silver and stainless for a consistent "shades of gray" look and I couldn't be happier. I've never had a light colored interior before and it's a nice change for me. Only 6 months so far but it seems the pearl silver is easy to maintain. The audi leather cleaner and protection kit is excellent and I used it once to clean and protect. They recommend doing it every 6 months.

Daytona is a color that responds well to a good wax. Very glossy and reflective in the bright daylight.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks. I think that when you order a custom color you can choose whatever interior choices that are available. I went with pearl silver and stainless for a consistent "shades of gray" look and I couldn't be happier. I've never had a light colored interior before and it's a nice change for me. Only 6 months so far but it seems the pearl silver is easy to maintain. The audi leather cleaner and protection kit is excellent and I used it once to clean and protect. They recommend doing it every 6 months.

Daytona is a color that responds well to a good wax. Very glossy and reflective in the bright daylight.
I can see that you take really good care of the paint. I myself have never taken my S5 to an automated car wash, but even after a nice hand wash I admit that my car has never looked as stunning as yours does. Anyway, I just keep coming back to this forum just to look at your car; it's really growning on me and I can't help but to consider a serious trade-in..I've actually contacted my dealer already but don't know if I can stand another six month wait..

by the way, which wax do you use?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can see that you take really good care of the paint. I myself have never taken my S5 to an automated car wash, but even after a nice hand wash I admit that my car has never looked as stunning as yours does. Anyway, I just keep coming back to this forum just to look at your car; it's really growning on me and I can't help but to consider a serious trade-in..I've actually contacted my dealer already but don't know if I can stand another six month wait..

by the way, which wax do you use?
I'm the same, I only hand wash my cars and wash them once a week, maybe less but then the wheels get covered in brake dust before the body is very dirty.

I've used many different products -- Zaino, Klasse All in One plus Glaze, P21s, and Pinnacle wax. But lately I've been using 3M products and I really like them. 3M glaze plus their show car paste wax is really good. But they also have this "Quick Wax" that you just spray on and wipe off after drying the car and it's excellent. Especially considering how little time it takes.

The Meteor is really great too btw, you should keep it... at least for a while. Changing cars too frequently can get expensive! Maybe see what the 2010 models will have.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.