Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the springs installed today. It turned out sweet......now the bad news. As the car was being driven onto the lift (I made sure I watched), the mechanic hit the front passenger side wheel on the lift and put two really nasty marks on the outer lip of the wheel:eek::mad: God bless the 3 piece wheel:cool:

Oh yeah, it rained ALL DAY in Indiana. The sun finally popped out at 8:00 pm and I ran out and snapped some quick pictures so the car is kind of dirty. Better pics and some video soon to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Car looks serious man!

Nice job..Nothing I'd do but, I like the white on white...its gonna be a blast keeping those things white.

Good Luck and enjoy Benson!

Oh, btw hows the ride with the springs on? Im probably getting them regardless but, I just want an honest opinion.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Even more smokin, ........enjoy .........would you consider spacers on the rear 15mm would finish the look

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car looks serious man!

Nice job..Nothing I'd do but, I like the white on white...its gonna be a blast keeping those things white.

Good Luck and enjoy Benson!

Oh, btw hows the ride with the springs on? Im probably getting them regardless but, I just want an honest opinion.
The rides a bit stiff, but well worth it in my opinion. I intended on getting the 1" springs, but there on back order everywhere and I didn't want to wait.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The rides a bit stiff, but well worth it in my opinion. I intended on getting the 1" springs, but there on back order everywhere and I didn't want to wait.
LiveA5, I've got the 1" H&R springs along with 20" wheels on my A5 and the ride is quite comfortable. To put it into perspective, my ride is more comfortable than the A4 S-line (with 18" wheels) that I've had as a loaner car a couple of times. And it's also more comfortable than an S5 (i.e., not as stiff). So, if your goal is to maintain a comfortable ride while still having that lowered look, then go for the 1" springs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
LiveA5, I've got the 1" H&R springs along with 20" wheels on my A5 and the ride is quite comfortable. To put it into perspective, my ride is more comfortable than the A4 S-line (with 18" wheels) that I've had as a loaner car a couple of times. And it's also more comfortable than an S5 (i.e., not as stiff). So, if your goal is to maintain a comfortable ride while still having that lowered look, then go for the 1" springs.
Thanks, TXcarguy for that wonderful piece of info!! I was def looking to get the 1" but, I havent seen one with that setup. Soooo, you know what im gonna ask even though you dont have the sport suspension...Can I see some pics? I wanna see your rims! You seem to have good taste. Post em!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Soooo, you know what im gonna ask even though you dont have the sport suspension...Can I see some pics?
LOL...yeah, I could see that one coming. I'll have to get around to taking some decent pics. I'll try to do that soon.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Benson,

Who did the work and how much did it cost you? Not the rims... just the springs, spacers and alignment. After seeing your car I might do the same. I'm not much for waiting either (waiting until July 28th for the 1" springs). The 1.3" drop looks great. Keep us updated on the ride as the car settles.

Eddie

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Benson,

Who did the work and how much did it cost you? Not the rims... just the springs, spacers and alignment. After seeing your car I might do the same. I'm not much for waiting either (waiting until July 28th for the 1" springs). The 1.3" drop looks great. Keep us updated on the ride as the car settles.

Eddie

My wifes uncle owns a local mechanic shop so they installed the springs. I never actually saw a bill for that. The springs cost roughly $300 from Tire Rack and I don't have spacers on the car. We paid a butt load of money for the wheels so we wouldn't need spacers. I can't imagine the labor cost for installing the springs was too much, it only took them about 2 hours. I'll ask tomorrow what the price of the install was, I'm not sure if the car needed to be re-aligned or not, I'll find that out too.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hi, S5 comes with the electronic suspension setting, ya? Will changing the spring affect/disable the electronic setting?
From what I understand, changing just springs will still allow the dampening of the shocks to function as part of the Audi Drive Select feature. But if you were to install coilovers (i.e., replacing the springs and the shocks), then electronic control of the shock dampening would no longer function.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, is it true that aside from disabling the Drive Select function with a coilover change, it also triggers the fauly light on the Drive Select as the suspension sensor is disconnected? Anyone with that issue with coilover change?

I understand springs change alone may shorten the life span of the dampers, as the aftermarket springs may not match the stock dampers, causing it to wear faster? true??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts