Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I dont know if i should trade my 19" bbs CH black edition's with a set of 20" bbs CK anthracite(or ill paint em black like the ch's). I have a friend who wants to buy my CH's and tyres so i was thinking of getting a set of 20" CK's if i sell em. So wich one u think looks better on the A5 the 19" CH black edition or the 20" CK anthracite. Is 20" to big for the A5?

Would really appreciate some opinions.

The only problem is that we dont have the best rods in Romania so i dont know if there will be enough rubber on the tires to keep the wheels safe:p

Pics with my carhttp://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/lowered-white-a5-5571/index.html

Pic of the CK's and of the CH black edition

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
A 20" wheel on the A5 is definitely not too big. Just take a look at all the owners on here with 20" wheels on their A5/S5 (myself included). Check out the "Photos & Video" section of the site. However, given that your roads are poor, it might be in your best interest to stick with a 19" wheel. Otherwise, you run a high risk of damaging your wheels when you unexpectedly hit a big pothole.

I think you should just leave your car the way it is now. It looks great! Since you have a white car, black wheels would look better than anthracite due to a greater contrast in color with the white body.

·
Registered
82 Posts
You must go 20!!! I dont think BBS does an aggressive offset like the custom forged companies do, so make sure to use spacers and push those babies out to the edge of the wheel well too!

·
Registered
549 Posts
20" all the way no matter which colour!

IMO the anthracite will look much better than your current black wheels, although I do like how you've colour coded the rear valence to match the black wheels though. I guess it depends if you want a dramatic contrast with black or subtle with anthracite.

I think this white RS6 sets the standard for me on how a white Audi should look:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What tyre size should i get on 20"x9.5 36mm offset? 265/30/20 or bigger?:confused: i would like the wheels to go out almost till the wheel arch.

·
Registered
549 Posts
What tyre size should i get on 20"x9.5 36mm offset? 265/30/20 or bigger?:confused: i would like the wheels to go out almost till the wheel arch.
I have 20" x 9.5" wheels with 36 offset running 275/35/20 tyres AND 15mm spacers all round. These tyres were free with my wheels, so I'm not complaining, but I will be replacing them with 285/25/20's when they're worn out.

35 profile is a little too high for my long-term liking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts