Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

Greetings from Orange County, California-- just registered. This seems like a great place for information and am glad I found it.

I ordered my little honey a few weeks ago with this combo and would love to see it in (almost) real life. If any of you have pics, would appreciate a look.

We all have our S5 epiphanies I am sure. Mine took place on the day I was set to order one. I couldn't decide on a color combo for about 3 weeks but on ordering day, I walked along a mall sidewalk where a gorgeous black Bentley was parked. I walked alongside and saw the interior was made up of stainless steel trim with tuscan brown-ish looking seats. I fell in love-- very classy, polished look. Had no doubts after that.

Am hoping my S gives the same feeling. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
DavidPuddy...heheh. Welcome to the forum! Could you please add OCC to your profile? Always helps us to know where folks are from when they post.

That sounds like an AMAZING combination! Can't wait to see it, myself! I probably would have done that if I weren't required to get black interior with the S-Line package on my A5 order.

Have no fear - TX will be along shortly to assist you with your query ;)
But this will likely be moved to the photos forum.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum, David! Congrats on your order. That's a nice color combo. Yes, I too think it's a very classy look.

You can see an accurate pic of Tuscan Brown below. (Several Tuscan pics have been posted, but typically have had too much red hue in them.)

Also, attached is a good shot of a U.S. spec black S5 (not 100% whether it's Phantom or Brilliant ... but will pretty much look the same at that distance). And since you mentioned your color choice was inspired by a Bentley, I went ahead and attached a pic of an S5 and Bentley side-by-side just for grins. :)

P.S. Would you mind updating your profile to reflect your location in O.C.?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response guys. The photo of the Bentley and S5 side-by-side is a great one-- much appreciated TX. Two beauts...

My profile should be updated now. Thanks for the heads up.

And yeah: the username is inspired by Seinfeld-- Puddy is my favorite peripheral character. <squint>

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is the exact combo I have, BB,Tuscan,SS...let me find you a link to my pic thread...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gorgeous Jersey. First of all, congratulations.

I think we (will) have identical cars except for the stainless steel inlay I chose. Two questions:

1) Any reason for not going with stainless steel other than personal preference? Am wondering if you have seen, heard something I haven't.

2) I am a little concerned that the brown interior is lighter than the deep brown I perceive on the web site. Thoughts?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I didn't order mine, bought it because it was the best of what was available without the wait. As for the interior, the color is DEFINITELY lighter than the audi website. I might of preffered the darker brown, but I love my interior so I would say the site is misleading, but didn't leave me dissapointed. The interior color on the pic that TX posted is the closest to the actual color that I have seen. It defineitly has a carmel feel to it that audi's site does not represent well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very good to know-- thanks Jersey. Caramel (sp?) was the exact description that came to mind when I saw TX's photos. Not really what I had mind.

Am sure it looks good but am anxious about taking the chance for such a pricey ride-- I haven't seen it in real life and the photos along with your comments show a lighter shade than I want. DO NOT want to be disappointed in this respect.

Anyway, it's not too late to change my order so I may go black on black.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Can't go wrong with B over B! But I have to say that I'd probably go with something else if I had a choice with S-Line...just to really spice it up. But I know that black/black will be all kinds of hot :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
House, am with you. And if I had an opportunity to see one live, my guess is I'd love it. BUT in light of the pictures I've seen (bad pun unintended) on here-- more caramel looking than deep brown-- and Jersey's feedback, I just don't want to take the chance. Will sleep on it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Here's a thought...

Since you're out in Cali., maybe you could post a thread in the regional West section asking if any forum members who've taken ownership of a Tuscan interior S5 in your area would be willing to let you check theirs out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Also, your sales guy should be able to look in the system and see all of the cars entering the immediate area in the near future, including the sold cars. If you find one that is coming into a dealership you may be able to call over there and just take a peek before the owner picks it up.

...or you could take a flight to jersey, be happy to give you a look. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Here's a thought...

Since you're out in Cali., maybe you could post a thread in the regional West section asking if any forum members who've taken ownership of a Tuscan interior S5 in your area would be willing to let you check theirs out.

No one seems to drill down that far. He'll hear nothing but crickets there. If there's anyone relevant out there, they are far more likely to read this forum/thread. Maybe the regional forums at audiworld...seem a bit more active, in terms of that specific (regional) section.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey David, welcome! Have you checked out the 2 tone seats? If I was getting the S5, I would get the black/pearl silver 2 tone seats... they're beautiful :) Although House and I are having twin A5's so we got the black, but I'm not complaining ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Pete. Thanks for the welcome-- is good to be here. I'm not a two-tone guy when it comes to these things. Heck, even most of my shirts are solids. :)

I actually went back to the dealership today with the idea of changing to black on black. The sales guy showed me a comparable brown, not Tuscan, which I really liked. Then, I got great news: a deep sea blue with tuscan brown is set to arrive at the dealership the week of January 21 so I'll be able to see a real life example. So problem solved, bascially.

Heck, I might even switch to deep sea with tuscan if I like it enough. Saw an A6 on the lot with this combo, or a variation thereof, and it grabbed my eye. We'll see...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum David,

One question....which dealer are you ordering your car from?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.