Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2012 A5 Sportsback, Having shopped around I came across my car for significantly cheaper and lower mileage than most around me. Although, the spec is not great at all, I still believe it will be much cheaper to do a few upgrades myself rather than have spent a few thousand more on a better equipped model. So here I am looking for any advice possible from the community...

1. Car does not seem to have Bluetooth at all (no calls) when I select telephone on the screen it’s shows the message “TELEPHONE NOT INSTALLED” car also does not seem to have any settings for bluetooth whatsoever, Does it not have a Bluetooth module? According to google they come as standard with Bluetooth? If this is the case - is it worth installing?

2. Interior - I have never seen an A5 with this low level of interior - there is not even an armrest/storage box... I plan on changing Centre console to fix this, I also plan on putting leather seats in although I see most are electronically adjusted whilst my currents are manually, is it a case of plug and play with the new seats? Or will I need to find manual ones aswell?

3. Finally, and least importantly to me, the car has no puddle lights, there is no cut out on the door for them, is it a big job to install, is it worth it? I’m not majorly pushed unless it’s an easy mod.

Car does strangely have AMI in glovebox although seem to lack the essentials - go figure!

Any help or insight into the above would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Should have a 'TEL'(telephone) button next to gear stick(atleast on mine) which lets u connect ur phone via bluetooth. sounds like u dont have bluetooth installed. Since u mentioned AMI, if u just want to connect ur phone via bluetooth to play your music u can get a adapter like 'tune2air' or much cheaper options available on eBay, but i dont think you will be able to make phone calls as there wont be a mic installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have a 'TEL'(telephone) button next to gear stick(atleast on mine) which lets u connect ur phone via bluetooth. sounds like u dont have bluetooth installed. Since u mentioned AMI, if u just want to connect ur phone via bluetooth to play your music u can get a adapter like 'tune2air' or much cheaper options available on eBay, but i dont think you will be able to make phone calls as there wont be a mic installed.
Cheers! Had a look at the interior light unit for a mic - none there seems as though they don’t come as standard.

Seems as though the tune2air is my best best, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts