Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on the basic A5 just with B&O system for the US? I'll get rims later and something classy that works well with the car.

I am aware of most of the issues with no SatNAV, etc., but in terms of everything else. I still get an MMI screen, albeit, a little smaller, no big deal.

Your thoughts on this? From a budget standpoint, a base A5 with the B&O system is right at $40,500. That is hard to beat. Black on black everywhere else.

I'm searching threads on this so sorry if too much of a duplicate, but if there is something that I might truly miss let me know.

I'm getting closer to placing an order.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ask your broker

"Oh, and I also buy Lamborghinis and Jaguars. But, I'm concerned about selling them (clearly!) so I have a broker".

Yawn. next topic.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sarcasm is not detected online. Clearly! No, broker here...I was referring to a previous post on that thread :) It wasn't a response to you Mac...lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
My Apology

Sorry about that, did'nt see the earlier post from the guy who gets his Lambos from Belgium!

Back on topic, the base A5 is just fine. I'm leasing mine, and IMO, have no need for the tech package, or 19" wheels with "performance tires". Can't stand the sport suspension-so no S-line for me. You should consider the NAV for the i-pod interface as well as the really nice MMI controls by the shifter. Also I use the NAV several times / week and prefer an integrated one, rather than a surface dash mount that I always need to remove when parked. BTW the B&O sytem is fabulous, much better bass than the Bose in my B7, well worth the money.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mac

Thanks for sharing your update, Mac! And, again, sorry about the misunderstanding. I was just having fun with the other poster ;) in that other thread.

I need to find out how the drive is with a 6 spd....if the dealerships had more inventory, perhaps I wouldn't have all the questions.

Thanks for the info! I really love the Nav, the additional options it affords the driver, etc. I'm torn with decisions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
DRL's & 6 spd

The DRL's are only available with the Premium package. The 6 spd is very smooth, no roughness going from 1st to 2nd, much better than my last A4. In fact this car blow's away the B7 A4. My son has an 08 A4 2.0 MT, and can't believe how my A5 drives and handles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nav and Money

I have issues with the options as well. Premium and S for sure. Nav and Tech.. not so much. I was really interested in the intelligent key system from the tech pkg and was told the nav was required. I have since decided to go after market on the the nav with an upgraded head unit down the road and ditch the key. 3k, for that? But then, no one has tried to sell me on the nav either.

I also want the B&O, just w/ a different head. Please, elaborate on how it sounds!

And call me uneducated, but you don't get shifter mmi controls unless you get nav? If that's a fact then I think I will be SOL on the head unit swap.

One last thing (sorry for the long post) why do you not like the suspension on the S-Line Macwm?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.