Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on the basic A5 just with B&O system for the US? I'll get rims later and something classy that works well with the car.

I am aware of most of the issues with no SatNAV, etc., but in terms of everything else. I still get an MMI screen, albeit, a little smaller, no big deal.

Your thoughts on this? From a budget standpoint, a base A5 with the B&O system is right at $40,500. That is hard to beat. Black on black everywhere else.

I'm searching threads on this, but if there is something that I might truly miss let me know.

I'm getting closer to placing an order.:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
The A5 is an awesome car. I am stationed over here in germany and had to rent one just to test drive it since the military dealers have NONE in stock! I think the basic one will be fine. It will prob ride a lot smoother than the S-line. I was thinking about not getting the nav system, until I leared that the controls for the MMI would be under the radio, instead of to the rear of the shifter.

I considered buying the 335xi BMW, but the audi is much cooler IMO. :) I am going to put in order in after the 09 info comes out.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
If you really like the way A5 looks with basic options, then I would say GO FOR IT. It looks really good anyways. I keep seeing one black on black with no S-Line and it looks okay, certainly better than BMW 3 Series that I find ugly.

For me S-Line package was critical part though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What is standard spec in the US. I have the 2.7 TDI leather.parking sensors 17" alloys, zennons. The only extras I put on were B&O (must have) and metalic paint. Every where I go I only get positive feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.