Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me, part of the allure of the A5 is the B&O audio system. Anyone have a guess as to how much that premium audio package is going to run? On the A8 I think it's over 6k. Do you guys think that it would be comparable as a package?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Can you upgrade to B&O later or does it have to be selected when ordering up front?

·
Registered
487 Posts
That makes sense. Thanks. Not sure if the $6000 price tag can get justified for it...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea Edmunds is says it is a $6300 option. Everyone I have talked to at Audi dealers and every Audi of America's Inside Line said it would be much less. Though edmunds did say it actually sounded better then the S8's B&O.

I'm posting the link up on the main forum

·
Registered
677 Posts
In the UK it is and 575 pounds option. At current conversion rates that is $1,150. Way less than $6k. I have a feeling that the entire car was full of $6,300 worth of options and was mis-written as just being the B&O price.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I figure if you have the Technology package, B&O, and Navigation would be $6,300. This would be an all options car.

I can see 1,500 for the B&O, 2,000 for Nav, and 3,000 for the rear view system w/ backup sensors. Not that I want everything there but the pricing would be in the high range for each type.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You cant compare the Euro Pricing with the US pricing, the pricing structure will be different..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just to add a note on the Bang & Olufsen to anyone who has not yet specced up their car. I originally intended to leave it out (wasn't all that impressed with the Bose system in my S3) but the car I finally ended up going for already had it specced, so that was that.

Anyway, drove home from Heathrow late last night and just whacked the stereo up for the first time. WOW! The system truly is the best I've ever had in any car. No matter what style of music, the reproduction is fantastic and you can really hear the subtlety in certain tracks as well as getting your 'bass fix' on others.

So, for what it's worth, if you can find the extra £500 I would seriously urge you to go for it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.