Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I collect my A5 1.TFSI SPORT this weekend and was thinking of debadging th "1.8 T" and adding the attached "S" sport emblem in its place.

Seeing as Audi dont seem to give you any badges unless your an S5 owner!

What do you think? i am open to opinions....

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
BADGE - one of my favourite Cream tracks: "Thinking 'bout the times you drove in my car. Thinking that I might have drove you too far"

Seriously - leave the proper badge on. There are other visual clues so the S badge will just make you look like a right plonker Rodney!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Gotta say, I'm not a fan. It seems a little dishonest. ;)

I'm not a fan of debadging or rebadging in general...but I'm just conservative, I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Please please dont.

One thing which really P*sses me off is when BMW owners who don't have an "///M" model put an "///M" badge on their car.

So this would be just as bad.

·
Registered
155 Posts
debadge but you'll have to remove the exaust as well or add a fake one .............all clues ...........sorry

·
Registered
536 Posts
If your car is an S-Line model, then I see nothing wrong with it. My dad has an S550 with AMG body kit, and he put an AMG sign on the right of the trunk (but he kept the S550, he isn't trying to trick people into thinking he has an S63 or S65).

·
Registered
536 Posts
Even if it is an S Line, it doesnt have the S on the rear of the car (only on the sides I think). I don't think it is misleading at all. If he put and S5 logo on, then it would be misleading. But he has an S-Line body kit, and wants to put an S-Logo on the car. I wouldn't do it, because I would want to keep the A5 and the engine size (which are on different ends), but if they were both on the left side, I would put an S logo on the right side if it was an S line car.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think that is stupid rebadging - it's not an issue of honesty, it's like pretending you're somebody you aren't.

Debadge it if you want, but don't rebadge it otherwise. And if you do, why don't you just put something like RS5 V10 Turbo 60 Valve too while you're at it? That way you can be a real mickey mouse boy racer (could be cute if you were driving a golf, but come on, you should be over that in an A5.....)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Problem is that people in the know will know its fake and laugh at you and those not in the know wont know or care either way.

Reactions: OJ22

·
Registered
677 Posts
you could remove the badge for a clean look. But do not put other badging on.

I removed the V8 from the front quarters on my car. In Europe it is a status symbol. In the States EVERYTHING can come with a V8.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's almost like you're ashamed of your 1.8T. Bad , evil, naughty Aman1.

FFS it's a £30k car and looks gorgeous. I think you should get a BIGGER 1.8T badge - loud and proud!

Here comes Starski...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
watch out gents girly question coming up!!! warning

even if you take off the badge can you not tell:-

1. by the sound of it
2. the s5 have will have more pipes on the back

so your fooked if you do and fooked if you dont...?? no yes maybe im wrong once again but hey hoo...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ouch hornets nest!! ha kidding. no im not ashamed, it has cost me £30k i just like the clean debadged look that's all. but scouts honour no "S" Badge.

Pheeww and i thougth Alcoholics Anonymous was bad ;)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.