Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So everyone I have talked to through the bluetooth phone in the car complains about the background noise. I drive with my windows up but everyone complains that it sounds like I'm driving... does anyone know why this is happening or have ran into the same problem?

·
Registered
677 Posts
My only issue so far has been driving into a 40+ mph headwind. I could not understand the caller very easily either in this instance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
so far so good on my bluetooth...everyone I talk to hears me fine and I hear them. In fact, a couple have commented how clear it is. If I roll the windows down, that does cause some problems but is to be expected. Sorry I don't have any info that is helpful.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
yeah alot of people moan alot it when im speaking to them... Roo wont speak to me when im on handfrees he says its poop lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try turning the volume of the phone down as this can cause feedback and distorsion.This is mostly phone prep when the cradle is used.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
tried trying volume right down but then i cant heard them talking on the other end :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried turning the volume down but then I can't hear anything... the volume is pretty low already even though I have set it pass the mid-way point of the selector. Anyone have trouble hearing?

Also, I sent my phone focus from center to the front speakers, hoping it would prevent that "are you driving?" car noise in the background

·
Registered
298 Posts
Unfortunately, this is due to limitations of the microphone . As a musician, I am very aware of what a cheap vs. expensive mic sounds like. Given that an excellent mic for such an application would cost in the thousands of dollars, I don't think most buyers would find it a worthwhile upgrade. Suprisingly though, I have had a few people say they can hear me better with the bluetooth than when I use the cell phone alone- go figure.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sorry, I forgot one thing. I was having a few complaints until I realized that the fan was causing some of the noise. Redirecting the vents made a bit of difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts