Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My car has the MMI oil level readout, but there's nothing quite as definite as a visual check that an 'old school' dipstick provides.
So, does anyone know if Audi do a dipstick for the B9 2.0ltr TFSI (Model Year 2017) & if so what the part number is please?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Or is it a case that a disptick option doesn't exist for the B9 version of the 2.0ltr TFSI?

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to update this thread.

I'd asked a mechanic friend of mine to do a bit of digging to see if there was dispstick available for this engine but unfortunately drew a blank :rolleyes:

A few weeks ago he had a Golf R in for a service & noticed that the engine is similar to the one in the A5 (albeit transversly mounted), so we tried the dipstick from the Golf in my car & it appears to be the right length & the reading is correct (y)

So if anyone is looking for a dipstick for the MY 2017, B9 2.0ltr TFSI engine this is the part #:- 06K-115-611-B.

Cost is all of £14.88 (y)

Reactions: JohnS4

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
586 Posts
@A5 Blue : What engine code in your '17 A5 ? Listed on the vehicle information sticker, affixed to the maintenance schedule booklet or under the floor of the boot. Possibly CYMC, CYRB, CYRC, or CWPB. Odd that the erWin service manuals for the B9 petrol engines don't even mention a service dipstick (like T40178), only measurement thru the MMI Vehicle menu. --g

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@A5 Blue : What engine code in your '17 A5 ? Listed on the vehicle information sticker, affixed to the maintenance schedule booklet or under the floor of the boot. Possibly CYMC, CYRB, CYRC, or CWPB. Odd that the erWin service manuals for the B9 petrol engines don't even mention a service dipstick (like T40178), only measurement thru the MMI Vehicle menu. --g
Engine code is CYRB.

For clarification, after a bit of research it became clear that, as you say the only measurement is via the MMI, which is fine but I'm kinda old fashioned, sensors can fail or give odd readings & there's nothing quite so definite as using a dipstick & actually seeing oil on the end.

Once I'd found out that there isn't a specific dipstick for my vehicle my thoughts were that it's possible that within the VAG range that this engine is used there maybe a dipstick that would fit the bill & it would appear........quite possibly by coincidence...... this one does (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.