Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section.
I'm after some info about facelifting the front end on an RS5 B8 2011 V8 - now i know there is much info of facelifting the non RS- A5 but cannot find the right stuff for the RS5 b8 to B8.5 conversion.

Am i right in assuming just like the non-RS Model the Arches/Front wings can stay the same and I will need headlights + Brackets, Bonnet and front bumper? - is anything else required? the car already has xenons, also I know I will have to replace the RS middle grill for the facelift grill on the new b8.5 bumper, are the side grills interchangeable from the old RS5 (B8) bumper to the facelifted RS5 (B8.5) bumper? as i have found a decent priced facelift bumper but it does not have the side grills.

also any other advise for me? the car is going in for a respray as it's had a rubbish job in the past - so am planning to facelift it before getting it in for paint. PS this is my first audi RS! always had beamers M3's 335's etc.. but fell in love with the RS5 ever since they came out!

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Hus mate welcome on board and tell us more about the RS5 please!!!!! Sorry I cannot answer yer questions but have you done some searches on here??? All the best mate Simon xxxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers mate, Yeh i'm trying to find the parts ive determined it's just the headlights bumper and bonnet needed, the headlights and bonnet i can take from a facelift a5 but really struggling to find an rs5 bumper, was bidding one on ebay before the user took it off ffs -_-.. The rs5, well it looks like a dog at the mo it had been stolen recovered and looks to have been painted with a spray can, it is going for a full respray thus why i want the front end parts as it makes sense to do it now before paint all in one go - its the 2012 61 plate pre facelift model, has a good spec coupe with bang and olufson dab and all sorts - oo and it's got 33k mileage with full history! despite its looks on the exterior due to being stolen recovered, it drives an absolute dream! having come from an e46 m3 and an e92 m3 this feels so much more liveable and refined! but yeh if anyone has any of those parts please do let me knw

·
Registered
530 Posts
Share the restoration and upgrade story with us as you go. Would make an interesting read. Hope all goes well with your plans. Fantastic mileage for a 2012 btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts