Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can confirm whether the pre-facelift (B8) power fold mirrors would fit the B8.5? I have a B8.5 coupe, do i need to get mirrors off a coupe or would sportback/Cab mirrors also work?

Can wing mirrors from a A3/A4 of the same generation also be fitted? They look to be same size and shape just not sure if they'd fit!

New to all this so bare with me! Thank you!
Harj

·
Sponsor
2,303 Posts
The exterior components are compatible, as is the mirror adjustment, but I believe the base (and therefore the power fold mechanism) is not cross compatible. Check the part numbers to be sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I asked about this and got told you just need the powerfold mirrors, as the loom is the same and just plug into the computer/ecu in the door.
So will work on locking/unlocking altho may need to be coded in

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
B8 and B8.5 mirrors are a slightly different shape, not sure if they would just bolt on!? The way they fold too are different. The B8 will fold in horizontal, but the B8.5 will fold with a slanted angle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah mines b8. 5 fold up.

Would it not just be the case of swapping the actual insides motor? But keeping my frame casing?

·
Sponsor
2,303 Posts
Yeah mines b8. 5 fold up.

Would it not just be the case of swapping the actual insides motor? But keeping my frame casing?
While it may be ultimately possible you'll save yourself days of headaches by just using the intended parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts