Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes Dave ,car sounds great as it is now ,so should sound as good as my milltek with the downpipes fitted.
Fitted the strut bar to the A5 and took it for a blast. With brand new conti 6's on.
It definitely has helped on turn in. Had the car in 3 wheel drive around one island and understeer has improved.
Those of you who dont have one of the strut bars ,buy one. You wont notice much on your daily drive,but you will when you drive it in anger.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I've put the non res downpipes on and I'm surprised how much they change the tone!! The boom (or drone as the Americans say) seems to have gone down a bit and the howly bark has returned that I had with the original back boxes and X-pipe - so it's the sound I'm looking for. Still not loud considering it is a straight pipe until the back boxes - I've done a good job with custom back boxes!! :D With valves closed, it's almost as quiet as standard, but when I want some volume, open the valves!

Going to fit some Helmholtz resonators to take out the 'boom' frequency of 105hz (found an excellent calculator to get the pipe sizing and helmholtz volume spot on), then it will be like the howly barkey std back boxes, but with straight through pipes and no restriction! I'll post some results soon!

The pop you get when going on or off the throttle is now more pronounced.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts