Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

B8 B8.5 Audi RS5 Electronic Retractable Spoiler Wing Retrofit Conversion Swap A5 S5

59K views 107 replies 31 participants last post by  sleepyheadS52011 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello all,
Looking to install the RS5 spoiler on my S5.
I know what I need to get this done... new trunk, spoiler, switch, module and brackets, wiring and hardware, rubber bumpers and springs for trunk.

I know this topic has been covered on here and other places a few times but I'm looking for wiring details. I haven't been able to find anything on wiring. I know there's kits out there that you can buy and they come with all the wiring and instructions but I'm not looking to spend 5k on a kit and then even more to get it painted. So I'll be going the used parts route, which most likely means I'll make my own wiring harness. Just need to know where does the switch connect and apparently there's 3 wires that you need to splice into the car harness. Wondering where all that connects, pin-outs, diagrams, instructions or someones experience would be appreciated.

Plug and Play harness for this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324835337110

EDIT: Finally got around to making an install video. See the Youtube link below for part numbers and a walk through on how to do the conversion yourself.

See less See more
1 1
#3 ·
Sorry, I tried PMing you but apparently I can't do that since I'm new to the site until i get 15 posts. How much are you selling the spoiler wireloom for, shipped to US?
I haven't been able to find much on the wiring, does this include everything I need as far as wiring goes?

#9 · (Edited)
You will need the following:
Rs5 electric spoiler bootlid
Rs5 bootlid springs
Centre console control switch.
Wiring loom
Bootlid rubber stops.
And the module.

Send me a message if you want the how to guide complete with exactly what coding you need to do with vcds. I have it in .pdf format

Attachments

#11 ·
It's a good guide thanks. ?

#18 ·
Hi does anyone know where I can buy bootlid with retractable spoiler for my 2008 s5 any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Are you looking for new or used? Also, given your 2008 model year you're most likely gonna have to replace your Convenience Control Module (CCM) and have the component protection removed by Audi Dealership. Its pretty much gonna be extra steps considering your year. Have fun ?

#33 ·
Well in my case was easier than I thought , I actually part it out off a rs5 a member in audizine had for sale and for the most it was a straight swap other than 2 wires that I wasn't 100% sure where they went but thanks to hanif87 I was able to have them in there right location . I'll say the hardest part was painting it . But I'm sure there's members here that can guide you better than I on this , only thing I can say that I know is eurozone sells everything you need for this project but it is around $5k. + shipping + painting + installation . Hope you can get this retrofit , I love it just took my ride to a whole other level ?

#41 ·
hey guys,

just completed the mod on my a5, only issue is that it does’t go 100% down, flushed with the trunk...

PFA :

any idea if i did something wrong when dismantling it for painting, or how can i corect this? it stays like 1cm up... if i manually push it it goes down the cm no resistance. if it’s up i can’t move it at all by hand ...

#45 ·
My admittedly wild speculation: It looks like the spoiler 'bounced' when going down - like it was headed down, hit some sort of limit, then moved back up a small amount. So possibly it was reassembled 'out of alignment'? I have no clue what the 'proper' procedure would be, but if I had to take a stab at it, possibly loosen the spoiler blade enough that the mechanism can operate freely. Cycle a few times to let it go to the natural 'down' position, then tighten/adjust the spoiler blade to be fully down at that point.