Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this topic has been covered on here and other places a few times but I'm looking for wiring details. I haven't been able to find anything on wiring. I know there's kits out there that you can buy and they come with all the wiring and instructions but I'm not looking to spend 5k on a kit and then even more to get it painted. So I'll be going the used parts route, which most likely means I'll make my own wiring harness. Just need to know where does the switch connect and apparently there's 3 wires that you need to splice into the car harness. Wondering where all that connects, pin-outs, diagrams, instructions or someones experience would be appreciated. Speed Test

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello I have a problem on my s5 after installation my s5 does not give back the key after switching off the engine I have to gently press the key until it clicks and only my key comes out. I can also take my key out of my ignition switch, engine running when I am not the start stop control panel or presence of the ignition key can you help me please?
sorry for the spelling I'm french and I go through google translate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
hello I have a problem on my s5 after installation my s5 does not give back the key after switching off the engine I have to gently press the key until it clicks and only my key comes out. I can also take my key out of my ignition switch, engine running when I am not the start stop control panel or presence of the ignition key can you help me please?
sorry for the spelling I'm french and I go through google translate
Installing the spoiler should not affect your key. If you disconnect the spoiler wiring, does the key work properly? Your key issue might not be related to the spoiler installation, this might be just coincidence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installing the spoiler should not affect your key. If you disconnect the spoiler wiring, does the key work properly? Your key issue might not be related to the spoiler installation, this might be just coincidence.
ok, I also made a visit to audi to change my key switch it is brand new and that did not change anything ... audi my said that the problem could come from the comfort box, that and it possible?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Its the ignitionlock. Common problem. Has nothing to do with your spoiler or BCM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok, I also made a visit to audi to change my key switch it is brand new and that did not change anything ... audi my said that the problem could come from the comfort box, that and it possible?
I had the ignition switch changed at audi that cost me 350 euros and the key does not give back correctly to force to manipulate ... the key does not spit out with the engine off and I can remove it with the engine on ... complicate this story. ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
you may need to correctly code module 17 instruments for spoiler, this has to be done as well as coding module 46, otherwise fault code 1044 in the module 17 this might give you problems can you scan with vcds? a lot say they only code module 46 which will allow spoiler to function, but will error in module 17, can you pm me a scan in vcds and i will check?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finished this mod today all wired in, took the feed for the light and negative off the rear power socket in the armrest heater control panel was loads easier, only took maybe an hour all working and coded correctly, thanks for the loom jordy

·
Registered
2011 Audi S5 V8 coupe
19 Posts
Can anyone help me with the part number of the plug that connects to the spoiler control module? I want to make up my own wiring but have not been able to find all the wiring part numbers.

This is the plug I need the part number for;

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
it is the whole bootlid loom from a 2011 RS5 coupe i cut it off at the point it goes up the right hand side hinge, its got all the connectord door lock lights number plate lights and spoiler motor £14 inc p and p up to you, as i said in a previous post there has to be coding to module 17 too, just interested if you get the same error in module 17 as i did

·
Registered
2011 Audi S5 V8 coupe
19 Posts
it is the whole bootlid loom from a 2011 RS5 coupe i cut it off at the point it goes up the right hand side hinge, its got all the connectord door lock lights number plate lights and spoiler motor £14 inc p and p up to you, as i said in a previous post there has to be coding to module 17 too, just interested if you get the same error in module 17 as i did
The boot lid I bought came with the wiring cut at the same place as yours, unfortunately they also cut the connector for the spoiler motor off as well. I could use another connector for those wires if I can't get the original one. It's really the plug that goes to the control module I need, I've message a couple of people already asking if they could help out with a part number but they seem to want to keep it a secret and sell me a complete loom. I've already searched the online parts list but can not find it.

·
Registered
2011 Audi S5 V8 coupe
19 Posts
Had another search for the part number of the plug for the spoiler control module and have managed to find it. If anyone else is searching it's 1K0 972 930 A.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Have you lads looking for your own parts seen this in the for sale thread?

61 - 80 of 92 Posts