Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello A5OC people!

First off, my apologies if this has been asked before. I've searched the forum to the best of my abilities and i couldn't get a clear answer on what i am interested to do :( .

I'm planning on switching my front seats (manual seats, heated, electric lumbar support) with a pair of full electric heated seats. However, the new seats are full leather and i have a crush on my leather-alcantara combination. My current concerns are with the following:
  • Is there a way for me to dismantle both sets and use the electric seat's frame with my current leather-alcantara set-up?
  • How can i tell if my car has the proper wiring to support full electric seats? (if any of you guys can point me to a pic with the plugs under an electric seat, the God of cars will grant you a no-check-engine-for-life perk :D ) Found this Heated electric seats questions . Hopefully i won't have any issues.
  • definitely some coding would be needed if the previous two questions can be solved. Any pointers?

Cheers,
Andrei

· Registered
708 Posts
When switchting to full electric you need a dfferent wireloom. If you don't change the original loom (with thin wires) you risk the chance of fire!

I have the original proper wireloom available for you if interested. This also include the thermic fuses (which you dont have in the car now).

Reactions: TribunulRO

· Registered
854 Posts
Any upholstery shop should with ease be able to swap over the leather fabric cover from one seat to the other. If you also google and look online, you should be able to find the OEM shop manual which describes how to dismantle the seat as well should you be willing to try it DIY style.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.