Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B8 S5 Convertible with an aftermarket longlife exhaust from the downpipes back. It seems the downpipes cats were cut off and a flange to X-pipe straight through to the back boxes were installed.

In a quest to get quiet down the car, Basingstoke Longlife suggested / tried to install new back boxes which made little difference and after over 5 visits, and as the nature with aftermarket its not entirely right.

Product Still life photography Metal Snapshot Monochrome

So I have brought the oringal S5 OEM exhaust which has the 2 back boxes and the central resonator, but after going to a number of custom exhaust shops, it seems they find it hard to quote or are unable to help as the oem resonator pipes does not marry up with the aftermarket x-pipes.

Brown Khaki Beige Sculpture Leather

In my basic mind, I would have thought its just a bit of welding and a short bend of the pipe from the x-pipe to the oem resonator or cut the x-pipe completely and run a straight pipe from the down pipe flange to the oem resonator. But from custom exhaust places it seems a difficult job.

Beige Synthetic rubber Leather Car seat

I am located in Berkshire and was wondering if there are any recommendations. Only one quote so far of over £400?

Regards.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Go to another exhaust company.

My setup is: Original downpipes with removed baby resonators, resonated X-pipe, removed centre silencer (this one causes the ugly rasping sound), and then two RS5 valve exhausts. Sounds perfect.

·
Registered
695 Posts
The non-resonated X-pipe is actually meant for a RS5, not S5 V6.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to another exhaust company.

My setup is: Original downpipes with removed baby resonators, resonated X-pipe, removed centre silencer (this one causes the ugly rasping sound), and then two RS5 valve exhausts. Sounds perfect.
Its been extremely hard to find a exhaust company that can just bend pipes in Berkshire.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So after looking and visiting many custom exhuast places that seem to have an instinct to over charge for what is basically a couple of welds and make a pipe from the oem mid pipe to the after market downpipe.

The company that saved the day was The Exhaust Company in Newbury. Thank you Josh.

Sculpture Gesture

Mode of transport Human Transport Automotive tire Black

Leather Silver High heels Buckle Steel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts