Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that the B&O will play SACD's, so I bought several in anticipation. Got my S5 Friday - it only plays regular CD audio and won't recongnized the SACD's :mad:

Also, I thought that all the sound systems were supposed to come with a 1/4" aux in jack - not so in mine.

Has anyone actually played SACD tracks? Do you have a 1/4" aux jack?

Thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Who told you it would play SACD's? I've never heard that but would gladly welcome the opportunity to play mine again.

Again, I've never heard anything about a 1/4" aux jack, maybe an aftermarket accessory?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Again, I've never heard anything about a 1/4" aux jack, maybe an aftermarket accessory?
I think you'll find it's a 3.5mm (1/8") socket and not a 1/4" - BICBW. :)

As already stated above by The_Ham, it's located under the arm rest opposite the power adapter.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
is in the center console armrest
I think you guys mean 1/8" jack (not 1/4" jack).

Ham, do you actually have the aux-in jack in your car? If so, do you have Nav or the AMI option? According to another post, it appears the aux-in may only be available on cars without Nav or the AMI (Audi Music Interface) option. (link)

I don't have the aux-in on my 2009 S5.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I don't have aux in on mine . Have DVD Nav Plus, MMI and AMI. Had Aux in on 08 TT, worked OK but no display.

RG

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No aux here either.

It looks like, at least in the US, the aux jack is not included if you have Nav.

I'm not sure where I got the idea that SACD tracks would play, but it looks like I have some CD's to return :mad:

Thanks for your replies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.