Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have the bang olufsen w/o navi?
And if so. hows the sound? on a scale 1-5?

Im wondering because i know you lose the suround sound settings, so im just curious if there is an significant difference with or w/o navi.

This next question may be silly but rather be on the safe side:p

w/o navi u can still equalize right? like add more bass,treble etc.?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the B&O without the satnav and think the sound is great, i.e. 5 on a scale 1-5. Much better than the Bose system in my previous S4.

It is correct that you miss the surround settings available when having the satnav but it is still a surround system and you can turn the surround on or off. According to Bang Olufsen in Denmark, which I have been in contact with, the two systems should be the same except for the menu options so the sound should be equally good. Of course you can set the bass, treble etc.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You dont lose the surround. You just lose the adjustable surround option. The one that allows you to change the degree of surround processing you have.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have the B&O without the satnav and think the sound is great, i.e. 5 on a scale 1-5. Much better than the Bose system in my previous S4.

It is correct that you miss the surround settings available when having the satnav but it is still a surround system and you can turn the surround on or off. According to Bang Olufsen in Denmark, which I have been in contact with, the two systems should be the same except for the menu options so the sound should be equally good. Of course you can set the bass, treble etc.
'
+1 Awsome sound... I don't thing missing the adjustment really makes a difference to the listening enjoyment... it's just one less thing to fiddle with!

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts