Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I know this was probably covered time and time again, but I'm finally thinking of changing the poem b&o sub, obviously want to ask people what tthey have changed to, any suggestions that would be replacing the sub on it's own would be really good. Dont want to break the bank, but at the same time want decent quality sound, will not be adding additional amp either as my other half has had enough of bleeding ears with previous car ?

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at one of the pioneers subs I think at some point as they were for open space rather than box and whilst I really wouldn't mind spending some cash on it my missus dot want me to ?
So I'm just thinking swap the sub so it does have a bit more punch rather than sub+amp which I would definately prefer, but not meant to be unfortunately?

·
Sponsor
2,384 Posts
I was looking at one of the pioneers subs I think at some point as they were for open space rather than box and whilst I really wouldn't mind spending some cash on it my missus dot want me to ?
So I'm just thinking swap the sub so it does have a bit more punch rather than sub+amp which I would definately prefer, but not meant to be unfortunately?
The open air pioneer is discontinued, but they reused the part number. You'll have to look at other brands.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i think the first time i thought about doing it the sub was still available - not anymore :ROFLMAO: got similar one though TS-A250D4, really similar spec, just not sure whether it's going to be any good going into the shelf, the JL that people often done the upgrade with was rated as one of the worst subs to go into build where it's going to be sat on the shelf rather than in the box, there is Kicker also which is rated quite highly, but virtually impossible to find in uk with cost of it rising to something around £130 which imho is a bit too much for what it is...
Still need to find some more specs on the Pioneer as i'm not sure whether it will be just an easy drop in job with few extra holes to drill and if so, then i think i will just order it and do it over one of the weekends with potential to add an extra amp for it at some later stage if need be(i'm sure it will be needed once i got used to the new sub😂).
Here are my top picks so far:
JL Audio 10W1V2-8 - us stocks only + discontinued, but there are new versions
Kicker 10c108 - us stocks only
Pioneer TS-A250D4 - most likely, but need more info on the flex of it and specs
Pyle PLPW10D - not sure about the brand

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So couldnt be bothered waiting for much longer and had to scratch that itch, got myself Pioneer TS-A250D4 and 3 sheets of dynamat, just hoping it will all arrive before friday so i can get to fit it during this weekend:D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So got everything done, but I am relatively dissapointed, I was probably expecting something spectacular as per other peoples posts, but all i got was relatively similar bass to B&O, probably a bit better on higher volumes, but definately not extraordinary, obviously for that I will need to get an amp at some point, but will leave it as it is for the moment.
It took me good 5h to get everything done, the worst thing is that the shelf where the new sub sits is not even and I needed to create lots of new padding/seal for it to be separated from the inside of the boot.
Few pictures(some of them look pretty awful😂).

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts