Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I've had my S5 from new and it's now 8 months out of Warranty.

The MMI and Sat-Nav functions work but I have no sound.

My local Audi Dealer looked at the car today and tells me the AMP has blown and appears to have suffered water damage.

I'm not happy about the :yikes: £923.00 inc.VAT price tag to replace the AMP.

Has anyone else had an AMP fail in this way?
Is there a simple and less expensive way of fixing/replacing this?

Any help, comments or suggestions would be welcome...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Did you tint your windows recently? Amp water damage is often the result.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Saw one on eBay uk today £400

;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope no tints. I do think the boot lid seals have been allowing rain water into the boot. I've found water slopping around in the spare wheel bay before now and guess this has got into the rear wheel arch where the AMP lives.
Audi tell me the AMP is a sealed unit and needs to be replaced completely.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had the same problem with my 2008 S5, the dealership subsidised the replacement by 50% reducung to £500!!! Despite an extended warranty it does cover water damage I am writing to Audi UK complaining, its clearly a design fault

·
Registered
47 Posts
any update on this??
i Have the same issue, my car is under warranty but they refuse to cover it b/c some drain plug in the rear was missing due to previous body work.

I am searching for a new on all over the place and cannot find one! this thing is impossible.

I did however remove my unit from the car to find water marks inside the board. i will attempt to clean the board, re-install and go from there.

This is an absolute bs job from Audi. To mount an amplifier directly below water channel.. dumb...

aj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts