Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You know I really think that sounds right, deep without beeing boomy or OTT. I'm ready to change my system but like others on here don't want to destroy the car in the process. The V8 sound needs releasing, thats my fave so far..

·
Registered
10 Posts
it looks and sounds awesome! can't wait to get mine installed

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Been very busy today, so I'm just now getting around to listening to this.

WOW! I absolutely love the sound of that! Can't wait to get my Stealth B&B exhaust switched out to this Sport version!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
OMG I am so pleased that I ordered the x-pipe. That sounds fantastic. Just what the doc ordered.:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Email sent to mark... Lets hope he has some favourable news for us UK guys.

If so, I will put in an order this month!

Those who have changed there exhaust systems, What do you guys usually do with the stock exhaust once the new on goes on?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I so Hope there is a UK Distributer for these.

Would these fit OK on the UK Spec S5.
It will fit, but it is likely that you will require the fitted to make an andjustment to the system for you as the US exhaust fitting is slighty different to ours over here.

It had to be done to my AWE system, otherwise the exhaust will rattle when driving over not so smooth roads.

The other thing to remember is that when you get quoted a price for the system - add about 30 - 40% to the price as this is what customs will charge on the system when it comes through.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Those who have changed there exhaust systems, What do you guys usually do with the stock exhaust once the new on goes on?
I kept mine just in case for whatever reason I needed to put the stock one back on, I'd still have it.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thanks for the Info Saj...

Dont like the news about the Rattle :( - was this an easy fix?
I haven't actually had it done yet, as with new exhausts when they heat up from new the expand and move, so I decided to give it a good few thousand miles to let the exhaust properly expand and move about the way it wants so that when I get it adjusted there will be very little chance it will move or expand out of place. The fitter told me he was going to have to heat it at a specific point and put a very slight bend in it so that it would fit just right. He told me this was very common with exhaust from the states as normally they are slightly different from euro spec cars.

Also I'm just waiting for the new tips from AWE then I will get it all done at the same time.

When I say rattle it only does this at low speed over something like cobled roads, it's not something that you hear on a constant basis when driving around town or motorway on normal roads, hence the reason I haven't actually been in a hurry to get it sorted. But I will be getting it done.

Don't let this put you off the B&B or AWE exhaust its a minor thing that needs to be done and if you get it fitted at a decent place they will be able to sort it no problem.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mark, any plans for an A5 Exhaust? Also looking for a Canadian supplier (Toronto area)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts