Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, whilst listening to the B&B exhaust on youtube, I clicked a few links and found this vid of the un-resonated AWE cat-back exhaust and downpipes. Sound quality is good and bugger me if that thing isn't Effing lound and really aggressive sounding. I'd love to have this sound, but couldn't live with it!

Enjoy...

just wondering if I shouldn't buy a non-res centre section to pop on for the odd occasion, such as a santapod meet!

:D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Guys, whilst listening to the B&B exhaust on youtube, I clicked a few links and found this vid of the un-resonated AWE cat-back exhaust and downpipes. Sound quality is good and bugger me if that thing isn't Effing lound and really aggressive sounding. I'd love to have this sound, but couldn't live with it!

Enjoy...

just wondering if I shouldn't buy a non-res centre section to pop on for the odd occasion, such as a santapod meet!

I have both the AWE and AWE downpipes and it sounds amazing.. At 70-80 its a barely audible rumble.. Hit the throttle and its pure sound.. Low and strong... Its totally liveable..

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This car makes me jealous. It is incredible sound!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ian is it possible to be able to pop in a non res section and where can I get one if it possible? Maybe a stupid question but hey worth a shot LOL

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Moist!!!

Think I've just come in my pants.

To Micky T's question, I believe the answer is yes - the Milltek non-res is essentially a couple of straight-through (or possibly x-over - not sure withe the M/T) pipes running where the centre resonators sit.

Whether that would deliver us that AWE sound - and whether we'd really, really want it, in little ole UK, is another matter......

Micky, look at the vids - those streets are f*cking wide! Imagine all those dBs unleashed in Cheam High St.!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Sound quality is good and bugger me if that thing isn't Effing lound and really aggressive sounding. I'd love to have this sound, but couldn't live with it!

This is the video I always show peeps over the net, it is without a doubt the best AWE S5 video yet.

Just so you know Ian, it is totally liveable as it goes quiet under normal driving and only unleashes the beast when you put ur foot down. Best sound is between 3000 - 4000 rpm. But it is nuts, I love it love it love it. :D:D:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Micky, look at the vids - those streets are f*cking wide! Imagine all those dBs unleashed in Cheam High St.!

Looks like i'll need to make a visit :D
LOL...I would love to unleash those dB's throughout Cheam.

Saj...for your information, Cheam is fairly small, and is effectively a village. The sound of the S5 would wreak havoc to this sleepy town.

·
Registered
549 Posts
My resonators will be removed in 12 hours! Went to a proper exhaust shop this afternoon, and booked in for tomorrow morning.

Will post video ASAP

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
My resonators will be removed in 12 hours! Went to a proper exhaust shop this afternoon, and booked in for tomorrow morning.

Will post video ASAP
Thanks for that TX.

Joe are you having the resonators taken off from the cat back portion or from the downpipes?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
SAJ, was that your car? Sounds incredible!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
This AWE exhaust makes me want to sell my car and get S5. :) It is just insane sound! Love it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts