Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title, where could I get this fitted in UK preferably North? Im sure i read on here that it needs modifying for the RHD S5.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
As title, where could I get this fitted in UK preferably North? Im sure i read on here that it needs modifying for the RHD S5.
It doesn't have to be modified to fit, it will bolt straight on without any issues. The reason for the slight modification is because when the car goes over a bump at low speed you can sometimes hear it rattle a little.

I haven't actually taken mine back yet to get this done as I couldn't be bothered for the moment as it really isn't all that noticeable. And now that the exhaust has been on for the last 3 - 4 months it seems to happen a lot less now.

Notice your in Manchester, shame you hadn't posted earlier as I was there this weekend and could have taken you for a spin to let you listen to it in action.

So in conclusion, any good exhaust fitter who is willing to can fit it for you without much trouble.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Saj - much appreciated.

Im gonna order it now, did you order from Regal Motorsport as the AWE Tuning website says these are the UK distributor?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Thanks for your reply Saj - much appreciated.

Im gonna order it now, did you order from Regal Motorsport as the AWE Tuning website says these are the UK distributor?
Yes I ordered it through them...not sure where they are based but if they are close to you then you could get them to fit it too.

Just so you know, I paid £1440.00 inc vat and delivery for the exhaust and the downpipes from them.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Curiously, I received a quotation from Chris at Regal yesterday:

"The price for the exhaust system at present is £1535 for the main system with the silver tips.

If you would like the downpipes to suit then these are an extra £350.

I understand that this will be more than you have been previously quote due to exchange rates in the current climate."

Hmmm, £2K? Have to seriously think about that.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ess5ive - how did you recveive your quote? I sent an email yesterday but still no reply.

Are you thinking of changing yours?

I dont think I will go for the downpipes yet - I will see how the exhaust is first..

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Curiously, I received a quotation from Chris at Regal yesterday:

"The price for the exhaust system at present is £1535 for the main system with the silver tips.

If you would like the downpipes to suit then these are an extra £350.

I understand that this will be more than you have been previously quote due to exchange rates in the current climate."

Hmmm, £2K? Have to seriously think about that.....
Wow :eek: big jump....but makes sense as at the time the exhange rate was like £1 to $1.98 when I bought it and now it's 1 British pound = 1.4943 U.S. dollars.

PB_S5 I would suggest that if the cost is too much now then perhaps you may want to consider the Non-Resonated Miltek and add the AWE downpipes which will still give you a good sound.

But I have to say even at nearly 2k with the downpipes I would still have bought it, it's added such a wow factor to the car....my colleges at work comment on how it sounds like a NASCAR now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.